Doesn't get much more rural than this....

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #11  
Livestock have the right of way always, unless you’re looking to test your airbags.

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #12  
Open range land or not. Around here all the ranchers use the county roads to move their herds from one pasture to another. What Desert Eagle pictured is not the least bit uncommon around here. Some still ride horses to move the cattle. Most will use an ATV now. I just pull over - stop - and watch the herd stroll past.

Just once I came upon a situation that you always hope to see. Some city dude in a fast, shiny little sports car got held up by a large herd being moved down the county road. This was 450 to 500 head. Not only was he obviously very frustrated but he took off like a bullet once they were passed. I could see for the first mile or so on down the road - he missed all the cow pies. Then he hit one - then two. By the time he got to where the cows were originally turned out of the pasture - it was well beyond a dozen.

I laughed so hard - I almost peed myself. I'll just bet he never forgets that ride in the country.

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #13  
Regarding cattle......I see we are going to have a meat shortage due to another hack.

Better pick up some extra TP just in case!

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #14  
Back in the day my wife's father ran herds right through downtown of the place they grew up in. Horseback and cattle dogs. Pretty common in those days.

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #16  
Noticed that, looks like it is in really bad shape.

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #17  
CWD in that sick looking cow? I might cull it for its own sake .. maybe use the carcass to hunt coyotes over (at night) and away from any occupied pasture if possible.

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #18  
None if them look particularly well fed. That one has the light on its ribs, but they all look thin to me.

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #19  
1622682210099.png

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #20  
Four people have been charged after a car chase was brought to a close by a Queenstown police officer's flock of sheep.
The sheep were being moved along Littles Rd on Friday morning when they became the road block finishing a 90 minute police car chase through Central Otago and Queenstown.
Senior Sergeant Paula Enoka, of Queenstown, said the mob belonged to a local officer and happened to be in the right place at the right time.