Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,251  
I take it you are not a prepper. While it's true that civilizations take centuries to fall, our technotopia is more fragile than most people realize. One Carrington Event or an EMP attack would turn EVs into yard art. We're already seeing climate refugees from Central America on our borders. How are we going to handle that when they start arriving by the millions instead of the tens of thousands?

Meanwhile, nobody wants to pay for maintaining our decaying infrastructure, much less building it for future needs. Other countries are doing better, so we can plan on sinking back to the status of 20th century Spain while China and Brazil take over world leadership. I have my doubts the US will survive anyway. Foreign agents are pushing us to dissolve the union and turn us into a collection of Balkan states.
Hardly...calling them "climate refugees" only proves my point about being gullible and naive...get real...geeze...!
As for prepping against possible NATURAL disasters...one of the things I maintain is a a couple of lead lined chests that protect certain electronics and communication devices etc...!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#2,253  

It seems to be a hybrid. At 40 mpg it could be a commuter daily driver.

#2,254  
”We can try to stay energy dependent on others but the opportunity to become energy independent if we have our own place is becoming more realistic every year. We can start acting today or just be a spectator as history evolves.”

So why don’t the people running the country sell all the polluting gas/diesel vehicles in their fleets and use our tax dollars to buy all electric vehicles? Not just a token few to make the average slob feel bad about himself. ALL of them. They could do a much better job of setting the example, yet even with trillions of dollars at their disposal, they do not seem to be doing so.

View attachment 701700
Electric vehicles in many cases, predate gas powered vehicles. They have been around forever. The prices of the materials and technology to build batteries versus the cheap abundance of oil and the power of the oil companies was probably the reason gas powered vehicles got the head start on electric.
I teach my kids knowing the logic of politicians may be unknowable but pay attention to what may be rolling down hill in their direction so maybe they can side step what they want to miss. :)

Last edited:
#2,255  

China seems be planning how to power EV charging stations and the EVs factories they building to supply world markets like the USA with quality and affordable EVs.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,256  
EV sales are high in Norway because ICE vehicles are taxed at 130%. EV's are subsidized by the taxpayer and national sales of dirty crude oil.
Anyone who compares a 2021 EV tech to a 1920's ICE vehicle's tech . And expect similar improvements . They are either clueless, brainwashed, deluded or have an agenda .

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,257  
Battery prices will not drop as the demand for lithium increases.
How do EV enthusiasts feel about burning coal and natural gas to charge EV's ?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,258  
Hardly...calling them "climate refugees" only proves my point about being gullible and naive...get real...geeze...!
As for prepping against possible NATURAL disasters...one of the things I maintain is a a couple of lead lined chests that protect certain electronics and communication devices etc...!
Because you'll be able to communicate with about 3 other people in the world who want to take your food supplies and ammo.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,259  
Battery prices will not drop as the demand for lithium increases.
How do EV enthusiasts feel about burning coal and natural gas to charge EV's ?
No one gives a poop if it helps their wallet. That is and always will be the driving force (that's a pun) in the majority of peoples' outlook; how will this help my bottom dollar.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,260  
Because you'll be able to communicate with about 3 other people in the world who want to take your food supplies and ammo.
In desperate times and extremes...information is often the most powerful weapon both offensively and defensively...
a word of advise..."little birds lie"...!

Status
Not open for further replies.