Trading in an almost new tractor?

/ Trading in an almost new tractor? #11  
I would give selling it yourself a shot, there is a huge market right now.
List it on Tractor House. I sold a NH 575 Hi Capacity square bailer for a bit more than I was asking for it on Tractor House in 2 days. I had a square bail contract job for 5 years and lost it so I sold the bailer as I do only rounds on my owned hay ground and I really dislike idiot cubes. Too much work with not enough reward.

/ Trading in an almost new tractor? #12  
See what a dealer will give you Dealers Supply is pretty scarce nowadays lots are empty you may be surprised what they would give you for a trade in. If not sell it outright good used clean tractors are very sought-after nowadays

/ Trading in an almost new tractor? #14  
In my experience most Deere dealers don't want to take a non-Deere or non-Kubota in on trade so if you find one who will you may be disappointed in what they'll give you. You can always try selling it yourself but if you don't want that kind of hassle a better option might be to see what the Bobcat dealer will give you for it. I'd guess it would be far better than anything a Deere or Kubota dealer would give.

/ Trading in an almost new tractor? #15  
So what you're saying you think you bought a TOO BIG of a tractor for your purpose? I would sell it myself 1st in this market.

/ Trading in an almost new tractor? #16  
I thank Jeff9366 in my head all the time for getting me into an mx series instead of the L series I was going to buy. The mx just looks so big on a lot, but on our properties it looks pretty small. I’d be in your same situation if I hadn’t taken his and all the other advice suggesting that I buy my 5th tractor first.

Many times agreed. I thought the MX was HUGE at the dealership and then realized when I got home with my L, the MX wouldn't have been too big. However, in my case, I didn't have a place to store a larger tractor and didn't want to spend MX money....yet.

Mike

/ Trading in an almost new tractor? #17  
OP has another thread where the Bobcat 2040 is not powerful enough for the grading job. Stepping down in size seems odd in this case. My response of going bigger was appropriate in my opinion. Maybe I'm missing something.

/ Trading in an almost new tractor?
OP has another thread where the Bobcat 2040 is not powerful enough for the grading job. Stepping down in size seems odd in this case. My response of going bigger was appropriate in my opinion. Maybe I'm missing something.
Larger doesn't necessarily translate into something more powerful, at least that's what I experienced with my smaller but more robust former John Deere tractor. I mistakenly assumed more hp even on a heavier tractor would end up being more powerful. Unfortunately I was wrong.

/ Trading in an almost new tractor? #19  
Larger doesn't necessarily translate into something more powerful, at least that's what I experienced with my smaller but more robust former John Deere tractor. I mistakenly assumed more hp even on a heavier tractor would end up being more powerful. Unfortunately I was wrong.
I am curious as to what model your previous JD was? Also is your Bobcat HTS or gear?

/ Trading in an almost new tractor? #20  
I’m a JD fan but that Bobcat specs out higher than the JD you are looking at. That doesn’t mean the JD won’t suit you better but if the Bobcat isn’t powerful enough I don’t know that a JD 2038r is going to make you happier.