pickup truck size

/ pickup truck size #21  
I'm thinking you meant mpG :).... Is that a stick shift, or automatic ? We've never had those Mitsu's here.....

Like houses, closets, garages..... humans tend to use up whatever space they're given, and then some. We mostly have big wide roads here, but much of the world doesn't.

Big trucks are popular here, including with many who don't really use the "truck" functions much/at all.

To each his own...... Wave my magic wand, and I'd probably roll with an olde school Land Cruiser or Rover, or slightly more modern, the VW tdi p/u that much of the world outside of Can/USA got......

Rgds, D.
Opss my bad. Yes MPG. Thanks! I fixed it now.

Actually, I believe you had some of these Mitsu's available there. Although, they were called Dodge 1200 but it was just a Mitsubishi L200 with a Dodge emblem on it.

These Mitsubishi's have a very cool feature. It's the Super Select transfer case. Basically you can have 4x4 with center diff open to drive on the road with rain, snow, etc, 4x4 with center diff locked and 4x4 with center diff locked in low range.

We do have trucks the size of your pickups. But they are made entirely for work. With a wide variety of cabs, wheel base, gross weights, beds and so on. From single cab, to triple cab. Dump bed, flat bed, crane, you name it.

Mitsubishi Canter Fuso S13 ( 5500 Kgs PB )RESERVADO - Stand Auto Gois,  Comercio de Automoveis, Lda
Camião basculante Mitsubishi Fuso Canter 6S15 a venda Alemanha Petershagen,  PD21653

/ pickup truck size #22  
@Jchonline I think your numbers, although correct, are a bit skewed by married couples purchasing the truck. Many times the husband's name is alone on the loan and title or the first of the two. This could show as a man purchasing the truck even though the woman is the 'owner' of the truck, just ask her.

/ pickup truck size #23  
Opss my bad. Yes MPG. Thanks! I fixed it now.

Actually, I believe you had some of these Mitsu's available there. Although, they were called Dodge 1200 but it was just a Mitsubishi L200 with a Dodge emblem on it.

These Mitsubishi's have a very cool feature. It's the Super Select transfer case. Basically you can have 4x4 with center diff open to drive on the road with rain, snow, etc, 4x4 with center diff locked and 4x4 with center diff locked in low range.

We do have trucks the size of your pickups. But they are made entirely for work. With a wide variety of cabs, wheel base, gross weights, beds and so on. From single cab, to triple cab. Dump bed, flat bed, crane, you name it.

Mitsubishi Canter Fuso S13 ( 5500 Kgs PB )RESERVADO - Stand Auto Gois,  Comercio de Automoveis, Lda
Camião basculante Mitsubishi Fuso Canter 6S15 a venda Alemanha Petershagen,  PD21653
We have similar trucks to those here. I once had a conversation with an owner of a 4WD Isuzu 12’ dumping flatbed truck. He and I were both dropping off hay. I really liked the truck. Had better visibility, 4 wheel drive and an exhaust brake like my Ram. He said the drawback is power. His truck was about 250HP from a smaller displacement engine. “Loaded, You lose speed on hills, but I save on fuel”.
I could see owning one. They are very practical.

/ pickup truck size #24  
I agree with you, but...
My opinion, this is an example of that principle (I don't know what it's called or if there's a name for it) which describes that thing the internet does where it amplifies dissenting voices and makes them seem like majority opinions instead of the minority opinions that they actually are, and further makes society as a whole seem to "say one thing and do another."

Truth is, the overwhelming majority of truck buyers DO WANT their trucks bigger, more HP, more passenger room, less cargo room, more bells, more whistles, higher lift, bigger tires, less accessible bed, etc. and that's why trucks have evolved into what they are. "You can't rape the willing" as some say. The market delivers what consumers demand (as determined by what they buy). The manufacturers couldn't have done this to us against our will. If they could, we would all be driving Chevy Avalanches.

I agree with you, and I'm sure most people who reply here will also agree with you, but keep in mind that we are the vocal minority on this topic and most folks got what they wanted and have little incentive to voice their affirmations.

/ pickup truck size
I agree with you, but...
My opinion, this is an example of that principle (I don't know what it's called or if there's a name for it) which describes that thing the internet does where it amplifies dissenting voices and makes them seem like majority opinions instead of the minority opinions that they actually are, and further makes society as a whole seem to "say one thing and do another."

Truth is, the overwhelming majority of truck buyers DO WANT their trucks bigger, more HP, more passenger room, less cargo room, more bells, more whistles, higher lift, bigger tires, less accessible bed, etc. and that's why trucks have evolved into what they are. "You can't rape the willing" as some say. The market delivers what consumers demand (as determined by what they buy). The manufacturers couldn't have done this to us against our will. If they could, we would all be driving Chevy Avalanches.

I agree with you, and I'm sure most people who reply here will also agree with you, but keep in mind that we are the vocal minority on this topic and most folks got what they wanted and have little incentive to voice their affirmations.
well spoken. buying options for pickups today are far more diverse than in the past. please note, in my original post, i am not bashing bigger & better, nor am i advocating unrealistic return to old school. just observing the full size truck phenomon on the market today.
sure am glad i don't have a payment book on a new vehicle today. but i'm retired & keeping things simple. it's all about life stage as well
best regards

/ pickup truck size #27  
Frankly, Im really happy with “we can build it (him) bigger, stronger, faster”... (cheap reference to the “Six Million Dollar Man”).
Having my Ram 5500 so strong it’s GCWR is 44,000lbs keeps me from having to own and haul with a tractor trailer.
No I KNOW a tractor trailer will haul substantially more, but todays small-medium truck like mine with a 40’ trailer can haul 12 tons of hay. I can drive home at the end of the day, and park it in my garage. I can also do smaller jobs.
A tractor trailer with a 54’ trailer can haul about 18 tons of hay, but I can’t use it for much else.
I say keep on going. Make them bigger, stronger & faster.
The new GM 4500-6500 trucks show promise. Just need higher towing ratings.

/ pickup truck size #28  
My thinking of personal trucks are a bit different than most. Purchased a 2017 F350XL Super Cab, 4x4 with the 8' bed - nothing fancy. This is to be my last truck purchase so I went for everything I wanted in a truck. No flash, fluff, or show for me. I wanted a big truck with plenty of room that looked like a truck and rode like a truck - not a pimp mobile. Didn't want electronic everything under the sun - have other vehicles for that. Wanted to stay away from diesel emissions, something less complex, so the 6.2L gasser was an easy pick. When my must have/wish list was complete, I ordered a base model XL with 18" steel wheels, manual transfer case & manual hubs, vinyl seats, rubber floor/carpet delete, and base radio but added all that I could or might need in the future: dual battery with XXHD alternator, block heater, upfitter switches, gooseneck & 5th wheel hitch, brake controller, snowplow prep (no plowing but wanted beefier front suspension), running boards, spray in bed liner, . For my convenience I did go for the power windows / door locks, boxlink, LED bed lighting, bluetooth, and rear camera.

It's a hoss and I love the truck. After 3 1/2 years of ownership I would not have changed a thing. Not my daily driver so only 7500 smiles so far.