EPA attempting to limit Internal Combustion vehicles used for Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / EPA attempting to limit Internal Combustion vehicles used for Racing #11  
You can blame this whole thing pretty much on the folks putting tuners on their diesel trucks and rolling coal all over town. People got sick of it and complained.

And those idiots deserve tickets. They’re probably 3/4 of the reason for the crackdown on delete kits too.

/ EPA attempting to limit Internal Combustion vehicles used for Racing #12  
I abandoned NASCAR about 15 years ago when they made every car exactly the same. Not really much fun to watch anymore. I never liked F1. That said the start of a NASCAR race is the sound of freedom! Really gets your heart pumping. I loved attending the races a couple of decades ago.

/ EPA attempting to limit Internal Combustion vehicles used for Racing #13  
Parity in racing machines level the playing field and helps prevent those with more resources (money) from having big advantages...

If it's the cars you're interested in the endurance series are even more viable now...
The Indy car and paint trading series now showcase driving skills over manufacturer credits...
IMO (especially with NASCAR)...they start way too many cars...it seems like they rely on attrition to thin the herd enough to allow them to race...

/ EPA attempting to limit Internal Combustion vehicles used for Racing #14  
Maybe this latest (stupid) initiative will fail like a similar one did earlier.

Years ago CA experimented with installing roadside sniffers to identify "gross polluter" vehicles that exceed smog standards. If it detected one, the owner received a nasty letter, or worse.

But vehicles older than 1975 are exempt. Just for fun, I was tempted to drive my 1969 muscle car past a sniffer and floor it-- but always chickened out.

The machine would have probably gone on "tilt" since I use leaded gas. :)

/ EPA attempting to limit Internal Combustion vehicles used for Racing #16  
The EPA has never pursued this before but looks like If a person races and only races a vehicle that was originally sold for use on road they want the performance parts removed and all factory emissions equipment replaced.

This is BS. Modifying autos has been part of American heritage since the birt of the automobile. This seems to be a move toward implementing their Green New Deal.

There is no way I would ever remove all the performance parts on my 1969 pro street chevelle. I do race it occasionally but it is mostly street driven.

20200919_165143.jpg

/ EPA attempting to limit Internal Combustion vehicles used for Racing #17  
And those idiots deserve tickets. They’re probably 3/4 of the reason for the crackdown on delete kits too.
And the other 1/4 is for those law abiding citizens that use delete kits?

/ EPA attempting to limit Internal Combustion vehicles used for Racing #18  
This is BS. Modifying autos has been part of American heritage since the birt of the automobile. This seems to be a move toward implementing their Green New Deal.

There is no way I would ever remove all the performance parts on my 1969 pro street chevelle. I do race it occasionally but it is mostly street driven.

View attachment 702657
Did your Chevelle come from the factory with any pollution control devices?

/ EPA attempting to limit Internal Combustion vehicles used for Racing #19  
Did your Chevelle come from the factory with any pollution control devices?
My '69 Hemi Roadrunner was factory built with 2 4bbl carburetors connected to a progressive linkage. (Called "dual quads.") No smog gear.

You can drive it "tame" using only 4 barrels. But when your foot goes down, all 8 barrels open up.

But it does have crankcase breather. :LOL:

/ EPA attempting to limit Internal Combustion vehicles used for Racing #20  
My '69 Hemi Roadrunner was factory built with 2 4bbl carburetors connected to a progressive linkage. (Called "dual quads.") No smog gear.

You can drive it "tame" using only 4 barrels. But when your foot goes down, all 8 barrels open up.

But it does have crankcase breather. :LOL:
called "dual quads"

Really? How young do you think I am? :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.