Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #803  
My wife and I wanted to tear down an old 16x12 shed that's seen better days, and putting up a screen house in it's place. I'm now seriously considering a cheap beam maker for a chainsaw and cutting my own posts from the trees on our property.

Freehand chainsaw milling

Bruce

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #805  
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #806  
All it cost me is, about a gallon of gas and my time,

P1030363-S.jpg

and it wasn't even hard work...

SR

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #807  
Nice load of wood there.

On my dad's place, I remember grinding the chain, cutting the chipper off something like two links then skip one, repeat. Being careful not to rock up on the saw and getting off the guide. Stack the lumber on sticks, made a tent out of clear plastic and oriented the open ends to the breeze. Old blue homelite that would vibrate so much it would almost make you vision blurry, kind of hard on the hands after a while, but it would tear up the wood pretty fast.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #809  
Gallon of cold well water
4 tea bags
A couple sprigs of fresh crushed mint
Bake in sun for 4 hours
Glad to see someone else makes iced tea this way -- have had a few people* look at me like I'm crazy (which I might just be by some measures :cool:) when I mention making tea using the sun.

Was something I learned from my mother's mother when I was growing up ....and if I recall correctly she learned it from her family while growing up during in the Great Depression.

*that included my wife until she witnessed it

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #810  
Some of the best tasting tea i've drank, was Sun Tea. Just loose tea in the water, let it warm for a few hours in the sun. Not a big fan of sweet or adulterated tea, but each to their own, even if they are doing it wrong. :cool: