Power Washing the Tractor

/ Power Washing the Tractor #51  
try bailing corn stalks sometime if you really want filth. Think you meant bailing, not baking.

My spreaders get power washed after EVERY use. 46 will eat a spreader up in no time.
Yes, typo from my phone. I think you meant "baling", not "bailing". The first is corn stalks, the second is water!:) The previous owner did bale stalks with my baler. Was still finding them 3 years later!

Last edited:
   / Power Washing the Tractor #52  
Yes, typo from my phone. I think you meant "baling", not "bailing". The first is corn stalks, the second is water!:) The previous owner did bale stalks with my baler. Was still finding them 3 years later!
Got any paint left on the pickup? Corn stalks really take the paint off a pickup. I would never bale stalks. Just too hard on equipment.

/ Power Washing the Tractor #54  
Does anyone else use an electric power washer on their tractor & implements? I been using a Craftsman electric motor driven power washer model CMEPW520 instead of the gasoline 5hp Husky which has so much pressure it can tear things up. The electric claims 2000 psi, but my guess (and my pressure gauge) shows it is really only about half that psi. Nice handy unit, though.

It's time for a new electric pw, & I'm looking for recommendations. I'd probably buy another Craftsman if they still made that one. Prices on others all seem to be reasonable, but I'm out of touch with what works best.
thanks,
rScotty
I use a BE electric power washer, it’s great. I was sick and tired of maintaining small engines, so electric works out well for me. Low cost of use and low maintenance cost. My BE has a baldor motor which is SOLID, the pump is made in house (BE model). It runs on single phase, 20a circuit, has more than enough power especially with the tips that came with it. I wash EVERYTHING with it.

/ Power Washing the Tractor
That BE brand sounds like a good one. I looked them up, but what model is it? BE makes a lot of different ones.
So far the nearest contender I've found is a Ryobi at Home Depot. That brand wouldn't be my first choice, but I've never bought Ryobi so I don't know from experience.
A lot of the electric power washers look the same. I wonder if one company makes them all?

After a wrestling match, a new water pump, carb rebuild, and some other maintenance I got our old gasoline powered washer going, but would still like to have an electric for some uses.
rScotty

/ Power Washing the Tractor #58  
Bettin' summyall wash the innerds of your trash cans every week too, huh?
My garbage guy leaves the lids open when its raining...

/ Power Washing the Tractor #59  
My equipment rental guy tells folks NOT to use pressure washers on his equipment. I'll hose things off when I'm done renting, which he says is OK.

On my equipment I use my air compressor. Highly effective and you aren't dosing yourself and everything else with water (not to mention no concern over jetting water into grease cavities etc.). Will still shoot grease all over, but there's little getting away from that!

When I was in the military they'd tell me that the big helicopters wouldn't fly unless they leaked hydraulic fluid (way up in the cold air, ramp down and staring at hydraulic stains everywhere- didn't crash, so best I can figure is that I wouldn't argue the point)!

/ Power Washing the Tractor #60  
If it the point hasn't been made before... Don't ever wash the injection pump. Especially a hot pump. The thermal changes can seize the very close tolerance pump parts.