Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms!

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #81  
Lacrosse is strange in that boys and girls have dramatic differences in the rules. Don’t follow it closely

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #82  
Yes. We are very familiar with Culver. When I worked at the airport here in South Bend, we used to get quite a few private jets flying students in going to Culver.

One of our kids ran cross country, and they hold a huge meet there every year. Darn near 100 schools, so she ran in that event 4 times.

Their Black Horse Troop is legendary.

Tuition is only about $45K per year. Room and board is an additional $10K.

It sounds like a bargain, but SCUBA costs extra. :unsure:

As far as I know, they are a great school, the students benefit from a large network of grads and donors, they are a good employer and do a lot for the local community. The campus is BEAUTIFUL! It's on the largest natural lake in Indiana. They turn out some impressive athletes and even more impressive on the academic side.
Culver won the Prep school national championship in boys lacrosse.

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #83  
Lacrosse is strange in that boys and girls have dramatic differences in the rules. Don’t follow it closely
Yes, the rules are different, mostly along the lines of contact. Girls allow modest stick checks and no body contact. Mens has brutal body checking, as hard as ice hockey checking and has full stick checking. Men’s has a different face off (clamped on the ground) where women’s is clamped at waist level. There are other subtle differences.

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #84  
Lacrosse also has different field layout for boys verses girls

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #86  
Some very good "soccer" games on now with the Euro UEFA championships going on.

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #87  
Softball field has same dimensions as youth baseball. Highschool is switch to bigger field and pitcher mound
Softball field is also different from baseball field.

MoKelly

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #89  
Soccer = zzzzzzzzzzzzzz:sleep:

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #90  
Soccer = zzzzzzzzzzzzzz:sleep:
I find it infinitely more interesting than football, but then I played soccer in high school (and intramurals in college, and in an adult league outside of Washington DC after that). It definitely helps to know the game.