Fuel prices around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fuel prices around the world. #131  
Because in past posts, you have tried to put the blame on someone for the higher prices today VS last year. The reason fuel prices dropped last year were due to a worldwide pandemic, not some genius policies that were enacted. Now that prices are back to the same level they were two years ago and rising, you speak like some benefit is being taken away from you. The pandemic was(is) not a benefit. However, you and I both benefitted off of the world's misfortune and the economic impact of it last year in the forms of lower fuel prices in your case and lower spending needs in my case.

Commodity prices are rising because demand is rising as the pandemic is easing and supply can't keep up.
Eh, without being political:

A passion for "drill here, drill now, a desire to compete in global fossil fuel markets, and a desire to complete pipelines in the US.

vs

Support for reduced emissions (Paris climate accord), not fighting the Russian, European pipeline, and heavy support for green national policy.

We all have beliefs of which is correct, but, to try and make it sound like the policy differences don't impact price is a real stretch.

Certainly price is supply demand, reduce or make supply more difficult, leave demand the same, and you get higher prices.

I love to hear others opinions and ideas, I know mine aren't the only way. But I do wish folks would understand and own the good and bad that come from what we want and how we vote.

Best,

ed

/ Fuel prices around the world. #132  
about a year ago gas was $1.69 now is $3.73 gal
When it hits $10 think it will be gittie up mule leee
or a 3 wheel trike 26 inch wheels

willy

/ Fuel prices around the world. #133  
Over here, diesel is now at $6.52/gal and gas is at $7.44/gal and both keep on rising every week with no signs for stopping.

Very frustrating, specially when we see the detailed pricing of the fuel and realize that 65% of this prices is straight up taxes. Some taxes may a little bit of sense, others are simply some non sense that the Government created to easily rip people off.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #134  
about a year ago gas was $1.69 now is $3.73 gal
When it hits $10 think it will be gittie up mule leee
or a 3 wheel trike 26 inch wheels

willy
On April 20th of last year, crude oil futures were trading at a negative price due to the pandemic. Demand was down 30 million barrels a day. There was no more storage room for crude oil. Russia and Opec were squabbling over production cuts. That's what drove prices down. So, YAY! We all benefited from that pesky pandemic in the form of temporarily lower fuel prices. And unemployment in April 2020 was only 14.7%. Yep. Something sure was going right last year.

Unemployment was down to 5.8% last month, people are going back to work, and demand for fuel is rising worldwide now.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #135  
I love to hear others opinions and ideas, I know mine aren't the only way. But I do wish folks would understand and own the good and bad that come from what we want and how we vote.

Best,

ed
Sorry... I tried.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #138  
I'll get concerned next spring when I have to raise my prices to offset the cost but this year is a non issue. Bought all of it before the price went up. I'm still being conservative like not idling the tractors excessively even though I do like a cool operating enviroment.

next year, like the good farmer I am, I'll pass the fuel cost on down the line to my customers who will, in turn pass it on until it gets to the consumer (you) who have no recourse but to eat it.

Life is a bowl of cherries isn't it?

/ Fuel prices around the world. #139  
Sorry sir, not sure what you mean? If I missed something or said something wrong please let me know.

Best,

ed
No... nothing wrong on your end. I had posted a response that one of the mods must not have agreed with and they yanked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.