Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,971  
I have the DeWalt 20V because I already have a number of tools in the system. I find it works pretty well. Yes, it's a little grabby if you aren't careful but it has done the job for me. I haven't sharpened the chain yet, so we'll see if that impacts it. The non-telescoping pole is interesting. I was concerned about it initially, but using it with or without the center pole section gives you two different lengths and it's really solid. Battery life seems very good.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,972  
Guys, be careful with those little battery saws. Inexperienced users can get into trouble. They are quite and look like "toys" but they are not toys. I know a professional cutter that got bit by a Lynxx 40v last year and he has lasting nerve damage.

Someone told me my normal chaps are not rated for electric saws as they react differently than gas saws when they bite fabric. Not sure about that....,

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,973  
I'm fully invested in the DeWalt 20V architecture. The brushless tools are all really great, for the most part. Thinking about getting the 20v chainsaw so that my wife can use something in an emergency if I'm not home.

But I have to say, I'm not real impressed with the 20v pole saw. It's super grabby and likes to bind up in the branch and shut off. Lots of pulling out and trying again to get through most branches. Plus the non-telescoping pole is a real bummer.
Oh, dont get me wrong, I like the Dewalt 20v stuff and have a lot of it... just dont like the chainsaw

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,974  
Yeah, I got this one because I have a lot of Dewalt stuff that takes the same battery, and a bunch of batteries. It just does not spin fast enough!
Let it do the cutting hunt . . . don't bear down on it . . .

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,975  
Someone told me my normal chaps are not rated for electric saws as they react differently than gas saws when they bite fabric. Not sure about that....,
"Someone" was correct.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,976  
I have a bunch of 20 volt dewalt stuff which is why I was interested in that saw but from watching videos of it I decided it just didn’t have the power I wanted.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,977  
If it’s grabby that’s something to do with the chain more then the saw itself. Depending on what I’m cutting, where I’m cutting, and conditions my chains can be completely different from the grind of the tooth to the depth gauge heights either of these two or a combination of the two will make stuff grabby fast.
Do you think the chain is “grabby” because the battery motor isn’t turning it fast enough?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,978  
Let it do the cutting hunt . . . don't bear down on it . . .
It doesn't cut, it grinds... through branches, and leaks oil all over the place

I think it is just a gravity oiler.. just slowly leaks onto the chain, and when it is parked, it just keeps oiling! The instructions say to empty the oil reservoir after use... really?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,980  
Do you think the chain is “grabby” because the battery motor isn’t turning it fast enough?

I’d say it doesn’t have the power to turn the chain how it’s setup.