Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,982  
In my case describing the "grabby" DeWalt 20v pole saw, I am talking from brand new. I've only cut a dozen branches with it so far. The chain is nice and sharp, as received out of the box. I was actually wondering if the saw might smooth out a bit once it dulls up a little. But generally, just not enough power.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,983  
Do a search for Chaps that are rated for electric chain saws. Most say they are NOT rated for electric chain saws. Very few are rated for electric chain saws. I don't understand what the difference is, but most Chaps makers are adamant that their Chaps are not rated for electric chain saws.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,984  
In my case describing the "grabby" DeWalt 20v pole saw, I am talking from brand new. I've only cut a dozen branches with it so far. The chain is nice and sharp, as received out of the box. I was actually wondering if the saw might smooth out a bit once it dulls up a little. But generally, just not enough power.
I like to go with 40v or better with my electric saws. My pole saw is 40v and I'm very happy with it!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,985  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,986  
I dont think it has the speed..

Chain speed isn’t everything, if the cutters are too aggressive for the saw you’ll have a grabby chain and on the other end if it’s dull you may speed but you’ll never cut.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,987  
Do a search for Chaps that are rated for electric chain saws. Most say they are NOT rated for electric chain saws. Very few are rated for electric chain saws. I don't understand what the difference is, but most Chaps makers are adamant that their Chaps are not rated for electric chain saws.
It's the torque that electric motor have, vs a chainsaw with barely any torque (thus the super high rpm).

At least, that's a non-chap-engineer's understanding.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,988  
I have a lot of Dewalt 20v, but a 40v kobalt chain saw, weed trimer and mower. I rate them as ok. My wife can run and start them.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,989  
I have a lot of Dewalt 20v, but a 40v kobalt chain saw, weed trimer and mower. I rate them as ok. My wife can run and start them.
So they are easy to start then? :LOL:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,990  
I dont think it has the speed..
hunt . . . I have mostly Stihl . . . but on a whim I bought a pole saw from Harbor Freight :( I know but the Dewalt and Stihl pole saw was $$$$$ of course . . . anyway I did not have much to do with it so I tried the HF one, very cheap and with the coupons well . . . .that cheap Chinese pole saw works pretty good.