This is a true 45 degree angle.
I really don’t think people understand how steep that is lol [
ATTACH=full]703273[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 885
   / 45 degrees is steep #2  
Try it on a machine without a tilt seat!

/ 45 degrees is steep #4  
No thank you!!

I was once sideways on a slope that was making me reallllllly nervous. Only way to do what I needed to do was traverse this section.

So....I took the backhoe, pointed it uphill and extended it out as a counter-balance.

Got what I needed done, done.....and got the heck outa dodge. I have since used that technique several times to simply make things feel better although I've never been on something that made me as nervous as that first one did.

/ 45 degrees is steep #6  
I have a vivid memory of that 1850 in the showroom. It is a great demonstration, isn't it? Made me pause!

I decided that anything that steep on my property was just going to be off limits. YMMV.

Hope that you are having fun.

All the best,

Peter

/ 45 degrees is steep #7  
Yikes. Maybe the machine and engine can run at 45 degree side slope, but me the lazy operator sure couldn't. That would stress my core.

When I mow my road frontage ditch, I typically slide off the seat edge and hang my ass off the uphill side, and plod along gingerly. I'm sure I'm not anywhere close to tipping, but it makes me feel better.

/ 45 degrees is steep
might check your engine specs. my excavator limits engine to 28 degrees

That entire machine, including engine is rated for 45 degrees.
The smaller machines I’m looking at are limited by the engine, to the 25-30 range

/ 45 degrees is steep #9  
I found out this week that we had lost a neighbor back in February due to a tractor rollover. Very sad. (I am last on the local gossip tree.) Standard tractor being used on steep slopes. I had seen the broken tree above the roadway and wondered how the heck it happened.

Please be careful on those slopes.

All the best,

Peter

/ 45 degrees is steep #10  
Yikes. Maybe the machine and engine can run at 45 degree side slope, but me the lazy operator sure couldn't. That would stress my core.

When I mow my road frontage ditch, I typically slide off the seat edge and hang my ass off the uphill side, and plod along gingerly. I'm sure I'm not anywhere close to tipping, but it makes me feel better.
Thats why they seat tilts!

Last edited: