Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #1  

Crazykansasan

Tractor
Bx2200 June 2001 traded for BX22 March 2002 Bobcat 863
Bought LX3310HSDC late last month. Had 2 rear remotes and 3rd function valve installed. Was going to purchase a EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple. Didn't decide to pull the trigger until today. 7/7/2021. when to their web site to order, price had increased over-nite. I was okay with the 12 to 14 week, not pleased that they want to charge credit up front for the full amount.
Now to the big question, does any one make a grapple at a more affordable price? EA was going to be close to2550.00.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #2  
Frostbite might be an option.

EA puts a huge emphasis on made in America, that combined with the current price of steel I’m sure they didn’t randomly increase prices.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #3  
Steel is going through the roof and in our industry (auto parts and supplies) we are seeing price increases roughly monthly.

The EA wicked is a hell of a grapple and you get what you pay for.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #4  
Bought LX3310HSDC late last month. Had 2 rear remotes and 3rd function valve installed. Was going to purchase a EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple. Didn't decide to pull the trigger until today. 7/7/2021. when to their web site to order, price had increased over-nite. I was okay with the 12 to 14 week, not pleased that they want to charge credit up front for the full amount.
Now to the big question, does any one make a grapple at a more affordable price? EA was going to be close to2550.00.
I would suggest that you bite the bullet, and stick with EA.
Any other will be less quality!

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #5  
Shop around...there are some great deals out there that are just as good of quality and not as expensive...!

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #6  
Shop around...there are some great deals out there that are just as good of quality and not as expensive...!
Any recommended brands?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #7  
Any recommended brands?
Shop local first...watch the local market ads like Craig's list etc...
use sources like e-bay for pricing etc...

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #8  
Bite the bullet, order the EA. I have absolutely punished mine; it's built to take a lick'n.

Attachments

• 20131023_143536_resized.jpg
    20131023_143536_resized.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 735

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #10  
I would suggest that you bite the bullet, and stick with EA.
Any other will be less quality!
Don't know about the less quality but certainly a lower price. Some of us don't need to rip tanks apart or have the capacity on a loader.

I just bought a 48" Titan. It's made in the USA and was shipped to my door for ~$1400 and tax. They're in Tennessee and didn't charge extra to get it to Texas like EA wanted. They also sell them on Amazon for about $200 more. (Amazon's piece of the pie) It weighs in at about 450 pounds.

Forgot to mention:
I got my pallet frame and forks there too. Everything came on the same truck. And I didn't have to wait 12 weeks for EA to build it.

Last edited: