Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #22  
LoL...not going to waste any more time with a ea disciple...

I sort of relate dyed in the wool ea groupies like those that watch the TV show about the cardasheans...!
Do you work as a press secretary for a big house that happens to be white?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #23  
The Titan you bought from is *not* the same company as Titan Implements in Tennessee.
No, it's Titan Attachments in Tennessee. :rolleyes:

It's still a better deal. ;)

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #24  
I received the 60” MTL RG-7 grapple about a month ago. I’m surprised at how well built it is and the abuse I’ve already thrown at it. Great value as well. I have nothing but good things to say about the customer service and quality so far.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #25  
   / Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #26  
In some cases much better quality...for way less money...!
I would really appreciate if you can share the info.
Before buying my grapple I did allot of research looking for a decent compromise, but I didn't find it, so I went with EA.

Soon I'll be needing a bigger tractor and bigger implements/attachments.
The info will be very valuable.

Thank you.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #27  
In my opinion, EA products are worth the cost, in nearly all cases.
I am absolutely certain that I could not bend my EA forks with my 48 HP Kubota.
Nor could I bend mine that is Landpride. They are designed for a skid steer. I pick up boulders all the time with them. I have pushed multiple stumps out of the ground with them. EA isn’t the only good brand out there. They are good yes, but some don’t appreciate their pay up front business model and wish to shop elsewhere.

Last edited:
   / Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #28  
Nor could I bend mine that is Landpride. They are designed for a skid steer. I pick up boulders all the time with them. I have pushed multiple stumps out of the ground with them. EA isn’t the only good brand out there. They are good yes, but some don’t appreciate their pay up front business model and wish to shop elsewhere.

Totally agree that there are plenty of good heavy duty grapples out there. I agree its irritating to have to pay and wait. If I needed a grapple for a skid steer, track loader or a similarly capable big tractor I'd likely not order from EA. The original poster as well as many of us on this forum though are putting a grapple on a smaller tractor. To get the light weight (less than 250lbs) and get the strength to actually be able to use it the EA Wicked grapple has proven to be about the best thing out there.
You can engage the ground with it without breaking it, but it is light enough to allow you to use more of your loader's capacity.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #29  
I don't like "their pay up front business" model either.
And... their "free shipping" is not directly to the buyer, but rather to a location that may be many miles away.
But....it is what they do, and they are incredibly backlogged, so it must be working for them.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #30  
Eight years ago I bought my Land Pride SGC1560. It's designed for a skid steer - it's a real BEAST. It performs exceptionally well and has never required any repair.
IMG_0011.jpeg