Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,551  
It's a hot, cruel world out there

now that's terrible RNG, you could at least take it in, feed it, water it and let
it sleep on your air conditioned pillow. Along with the lizards.
I wonder where the rest of the rabbits are.

Friend in DE found a whole litter of them in his garden mulch.
One of the problems with thick mulch, can hide lots of things down there.
Babies everywhere.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,552  
Phil, nice job on the mower engine. Did it need a new head gasket? New intake valve?
Once upon a time I had a compression tester and that came in handy a number of times.
that's a John Deere single cylinder horizontal engine, either a Kohler or a Briggs. ??

/ Good morning!!!! #135,553  

if you have a fat head like me...and don't want to pony up 80+ bucks for a new Tilley hat, I found this copy to be a really
good value, and now is sure the time to cover our heads well. What is really good about this hat is you can order extra large sizes.
I take an XXLarge and for the first time the hat fits comfortably. Made in SriLanka and seems well made. Reminds me of clothes from Vietnam, also
well made. And no smart phone needed to adjust...

So .. how do you use your NC headphones .. with your new hat?

/ Good morning!!!! #135,554  
64°F and rain this morning, going up to 81° today. We're in a little break right now, but more storms expected later today and into tomorrow.

Going to have to find some time after work a couple days this week to get some grass mowed. More rain forecast for Friday through Monday next weekend. Feast or famine here this year. Got caught out in the barn for awhile this morning while I was out there to feed the chickens, and had to wait out a couple of serious downpours.

Made a second drying rack for The Wife's paintings this morning. Opened up 484 holes in a piece of masonite pegboard to accept the 5/16" dowel rods, which I cut to 24". She had been keeping them in the spare bedroom next to my studio. But since we had to clean that out to make room for the boy's triumphant return, she moved them to the dog grooming table set up in front of her quilting machine.

The rest of my day will likely be spent in the studio.

Sorry about your vehicle woes, Drew. We want to replace our F-150, but there seems to not be a whole lot to choose from out there right now in the lightly used vehicle market, and what is available is either overpriced or not worth having.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,555  
Good morning all. I moved the sheep over to a far off field this morning and it has brought a pleasure I haven't experienced for months - the luxury of being able to drive in and out of all the other fields without having to keep getting out to open and shut gates !

Roy, my dad would have appreciated David Clark ear defenders when we all joined in with Dave Clark 5 foot stomping Bits and pieces
Maybe some gate openers for Christmas this year? Maybe Birthday?
Wow, a lotta dogs...Joey Chestnut coming over? 😁 🌭
Daughter's "guy friend", a hulking 235, power lifter, came over and ate 5 chili cheese dogs....plus some other stuff.

Morning all! 60 here going to the 80's. No rain today so I need to get the yard mowed as we have rain coming for the next couple days. Had a problem with the mower but was able to order the parts and get it back up and running! Here's a shot of it apart.
Wife and I are doing fine. Happy anniversary and birthday to those I missed!View attachment 705432
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
You got that thing clean enough to eat off of. I love seeing people DIY for themselves. Hope it works like new when done.

Pop, I would venture a guess that the vast majority here haven't rested too much on their derrieres during their lives. Vast amounts of energy and knowledge still make this the best place to be a part of. I could be the exception....I take plenty of water breaks.

have a great day all!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,556  
I haven't yet. Good question, will have to see how they fit. I've put ear protection over hats before, clearly doesn't work as well due to less seal.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,557  
Doesn't work too well with something like a Tilley hat.
Works quite well with a ball cap...might work OK with a ball cap with neck protection
Something like this:

What might work even better would be some type of lightweight scarf lightly tied around one's neck...

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #135,558  
67°F and .07 inches rain.

Simple goal today, finish hanging durorock in caretaker shower.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #135,559  
71° at dusk, 89% humidity.

Got a lot done today.
Mowed yard, grass was still wet some when I started. Planten stems didn’t cut well.
Wife weeded most of garden, it looks real nice. View attachment 705389
Put grapple on tractor and moved large limb that came down in storm a week ago.
Also pulled up another bush near creek that’s in the way mowing.
View attachment 705390
Grabbed a pile of pine limbs I cut a few weeks ago and had tucked between a couple pines waiting for the grapple to go on. Decided to take them to the large pile on other side of creek. Once over there with grapple, decided to clean up some more. Got one area cleaned out, moving everything to the large pile in the old mill race.
View attachment 705392
Cleaned around some other trees also, no pic. Dug out the rock I hit my mower blade on one day, turned out to be about 20” long rock, dumped it in the creek.
Was finally able to break the wild cherry that uprooted and hung in another tree years ago, with it free was able to push it out of the way. Need to cut it. It’s still in the air as the trunk is in the creek.
View attachment 705396
Then attacked the last pile and found a couple of these while I was digging a stump out with the BH.
View attachment 705397
Still got a small pile of dirt that I need to move with the bucket.
Cleaned up some more along yard treeline.
Supper was first tomato and green pepper, and lettuce from the garden.
Got new LED tail light on my 16ft trailer. Did not replace the other side that still worked. Soldered the wires and put heat shrink on. Trailer needs new breakaway switch (at least cable) and battery.
Also dug out old basketball pole. Wife was standing right in front of where it was, right by the dirt pile, I asked “see anything different?” No. “Look down” good thing there wasn’t a snake there.
View attachment 705400

Also sprayed 2 gal roundup and mixed 2 more. Put sevin in an old sprayer tank, same size / model as the one that leaked. Rinsed it good first, not sure what had been in it before.

A good day, lots of seat time.
Sure beats 2 yrs ago today, laying in hospital bed unable to walk and they still didn’t know what was wrong.

Where I grew up we called black snakes, black racers because of how fast they could move.

I was right there with you two years ago, sure is better now, we know who to thank don’t we?

/ Good morning!!!! #135,560  
Coffee is done brewing. 62° with light rain this morning. Heading to 70° with rain throughout the day. Got grass mowed yesterday. Did not get weed killer sprayed. To much wind. Did get out with weed wacker chopping down thistles. No plans for today. Maybe some NASCAR in afternoon.
0xDPNPE.jpg

David, hope caretaker works out.

Mostly, wind can be a big problem getting boat on trailer. Bigger boat bigger problems.

Bird, good you can donate blood.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.

I use to put a line on the stern to go with the bow line, made it much easier to line up until I got the winch hooked up.