Used Value vs Age

/ Used Value vs Age #111  
WOW!. Boing ... What was that noise? ...I think it was a nerve being struck! Great Job, MharryE . I might take writing lessons from you. Ha! Great discussion. Remember, it was Will Rogers who said "unfortunately, you might get the government you paid for".

/ Used Value vs Age #112  
No body wants that emission crap! --- AND I dont blame them , so older equipment is at a top dollar level just for that reason!
Please look at emission requirements used on new tractors. Since 2015 New Holland Workmaster has used emission that is automatic without any hindrance or special requirements that operator has to do. I do not know about any other New Holland tractors because in 2016 that was one reason for purchasing a New Holland Workmaster 50 compared to other brands. New Holland has low maintenance schedule and emissions are totally automatic with no operator requirements.

/ Used Value vs Age #113  
You should never let the irresponsibility of your neighbor keep you from doing what’s right. The United States is a leader, not a follower, and the best leader is one who leads by example.
Just remember when there is no one in front of you then you are one of two things. A leader of people or a fool that has been abandoned by others? Most leaders are gone before those that follow acknowledged his / her leadership.

/ Used Value vs Age #114  
I do think you have nailed it alexpops.
So this is the real inconvenient truth. If you think man caused co2 (anthropocentric) at .25% of all greenhouse gases will be a factor in climate change then you have been duped. (its politics) and the idea of making rural America pay for this hoax is about as ignorant as one wishes to be. So the idea of certain people who claim they are in the know about whats at stake here, are also dependent on a government run their livelihood. It's an economical hijacking of America (and for that matter Canada as well)
So just to get back on the subject of cost/fuel economy. We are paying more for less. I have a tier 4 2013 Kioti. If I had opted for the new California emission tractor (new ones being made in 2013) with complete electronic controlled combustion with the re burner, it would have cost me just shy of $2,000.00 more. If i run the 20% bio-fuel (which i only did by mistake once) it starts hard and just didn't seem to have the power. This was without first knowing i had bought It...

and the guy with the fuel economy chart; about ten factors have gone into your chart if indeed on the level and not modeled like they have skewered our climate change data. First the wt. of the cars have been reduced with plastic, some aluminum and other cheaply fabricated alloys. Which makes them less safe and if you have ever had a leaky head gasket from a warped aluminum head, you get the picture. Second, cars are smaller have smaller engines and more dynamic. Third the use of low viscosity synthetic oils (which cost much more) help the engines run smoother.....also fuel injection which has been the single most contributing factor to your "metropolitan" data. Most trucks nowadays are street cars with a bed thats too small to carry a big load. Not really trucks in other words.
(4) computer controlled everything may make it stay tuned better but if one item fails then you vehicle doesn't run...how do you like to be dependent on someone else to get you where you need to go? Some of us old folks are pretty good at keeping our equipment running good (maintenance and tuning)because we don't live in the suburbs or even close to a dealer. Cost of living is in our budget and we can't afford to subsidize the high cost of cleaner air and climate change when we contribute such a small amount to this "noble" but politically skewered propaganda.

Last edited:
   / Used Value vs Age #115  
Catalytic converters and annual smog checks would help a lot as well! :)

Many tractors come with DOC now which in function is a converter for diesels.

TN is debating dropping smog checks for certain counties as there doesn’t seem to be a good cost to benefit ratio.

Last edited:
   / Used Value vs Age #116  
I do think you have nailed it alexpops.
So this is the real inconvenient truth. If you think man caused co2 (anthropocentric) at .25% of all greenhouse gases will be a factor in climate change then you have been duped. (its politics) and the idea of making rural America pay for this hoax is about as ignorant as one wishes to be. So the idea of certain people who claim they are in the know about whats at stake here, are also dependent on a government run their livelihood. It's an economical hijacking of America (and for that matter Canada as well)
So just to get back on the subject of cost/fuel economy. We are paying more for less. I have a tier 4 2013 Kioti. If I had opted for the new California emission tractor (new ones being made in 2013) with complete electronic controlled combustion with the re burner, it would have cost me just shy of $2,000.00 more. If i run the 20% bio-fuel (which i only did by mistake once) it starts hard and just didn't seem to have the power. This was without first knowing i had bought It...

and the guy with the fuel economy chart; about ten factors have gone into your chart if indeed on the level and not modeled like they have skewered our climate change data. First the wt. of the cars have been reduced with plastic, some aluminum and other cheaply fabricated alloys. Which makes them less safe and if you have ever had a leaky head gasket from a warped aluminum head, you get the picture. Second, cars are smaller have smaller engines and more dynamic. Third the use of low viscosity synthetic oils (which cost much more) help the engines run smoother.....also fuel injection which has been the single most contributing factor to your "metropolitan" data. Most trucks nowadays are street cars with a bed thats too small to carry a big load. Not really trucks in other words.
(4) computer controlled everything may make it stay tuned better but if one item fails then you vehicle doesn't run...how do you like to be dependent on someone else to get you where you need to go? Some of us old folks are pretty good at keeping our equipment running good (maintenance and tuning)because we don't live in the suburbs or even close to a dealer. Cost of living is in our budget and we can't afford to subsidize the high cost of cleaner air and climate change when we contribute such a small amount to this "noble" but politically skewered propaganda.

There quite a few false statements in this posts.

Cars are larger than they used to be.

Compare a Civic or a Mustang from the 70s to today.

Cars are heavier than they used to be. Do the same above comparison.

They are also safer than ever.

Most trucks are street cars? What trucks are you making this bold claim about?

Most trucks, in the USA atleast, are of the body on frame type with excellent payload and towing capability.

/ Used Value vs Age #117  
There quite a few false statements in this posts.

Most trucks are street cars? What trucks are you making this bold claim about?

Most trucks, in the USA atleast, are of the body on frame type with excellent payload and towing capability.
This post obviously pertains to vehicles on a different planet than the one than I live on.

/ Used Value vs Age #118  
Not to argue, but, my experience dealing with regulators in the past, indicated the opposite. They DO care what we do and used our slow or lax implementation of regulations as an excuse to do nothing. "You're not taking it seriously, so why should we?"
You were "dealing with" Chinese, Russian, Indian, etc. politicians/regulators?

/ Used Value vs Age #119  
This post obviously pertains to vehicles on a different planet than the one than I live on.

Please share supporting information from your planet.

/ Used Value vs Age #120  

My statements are false because you say they are......? Your chart is "modeled" to get a result and is fake because it leads in that low emissions fuel standards are better for fuel economy. I'm saying your argument is subjective rather than objective...which is what you people do.