Craig's List

/ Craig's List #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
I've used it for as long as I can remember and like lots of folks, Ive got a few stories.

i posted my POS 24 ft 20 year old 5th wheel camper for sale a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised by the number of inquiries. I was very honest about it's condition!

I believe most responders on CL are bored and send messages just because it's easy, many responders are harvesting e mail and phone numbers and occasionally, someone is sincerely interested.

I had two potential buyers scheduled for late yesterday afternoon. The first guy came, made a good offer and i sold it to him. I immediately took the ad down and sent the second guy a note explaining the camper just sold to the first guy, i even apologized to the guy.

The second guy responded with a series of notes. He was POed and i understand but his notes kept getting more angry. He finally called me a SOB. I could have let him come to look without telling him it was sold and then play both ends against the middle but...i didn't.

Back in the day i would try to find him and discuss it in person but......I guess those days are gone.

You snooze, you lose

/ Craig's List #3  
Long before the internet an CL, we've had a weekly buy/sell/swap magazine called "Uncle Henry's." I once listed a 16 gauge side by side which quickly sold. For months afterwards I had the same guy call to ask if I still had it, when I said it was sold he always said "You had a good price on it." I've always assumed that he would get into his cups, then start reading and making phone calls.

/ Craig's List #4  
You do not want to face a pissed off stranger unless you must. In this case, you have to reason to confront the guy or discuss anything with him.

People are nuts!!!
Especially the one's from CL.

I don't have facebook but it seems like CL has slowed down a lot and people are using market place more around here.

/ Craig's List #5  
Knock on wood I've had great luck on CL. Selling mowing services and and buy/sell some equipment. But we live in a strange world of entitled people who insist they NEED your stuff or you are obligated to sell to them only. My wife recently bought a purse on Ebay from a lady who was being stalked and harassed by another lady who wanted the same purse for less $$. My wife was sold the bag fair and square. The harasser filed a complaint and had the seller flagged. As it turns out, my wife is acquaintances with the harasser (found out after the fact) and now the lady is harassing my wife and sending cryptic messages. All over a Disney bag! Disney!

/ Craig's List #7  
Knock on wood I've had great luck on CL. Selling mowing services and and buy/sell some equipment. But we live in a strange world of entitled people who insist they NEED your stuff or you are obligated to sell to them only. My wife recently bought a purse on Ebay from a lady who was being stalked and harassed by another lady who wanted the same purse for less $$. My wife was sold the bag fair and square. The harasser filed a complaint and had the seller flagged. As it turns out, my wife is acquaintances with the harasser (found out after the fact) and now the lady is harassing my wife and sending cryptic messages. All over a Disney bag! Disney!
Unhinged and entitled, wow!

/ Craig's List #8  
I sold on Ebay, CG, Offerup, and FB Marketplace. I like selling on FB coz at least you have *some* prep who's gonna be coming to pick up your stuff. I did have one nutter lady though, furious I let somebody other than her get a free for pickup item, she was convinced it should of been hers. She was so annoying, kept at it, finally I had to block her.

/ Craig's List #9  
I sold a car with 110,000 miles on it and an engine knock. The guy called me at 2am a few days later to complain the starter motor failed!
Told him I was not Psychic mechanic and it did have a few miles on it, and to leave me alone and go spend the $30 for a used starter and move on.

/ Craig's List #10  
Marketplace is the way to go in my area. CL is full of scammers. Of course you have the usual tire kickers and low ballers but they’ve been around since the Romans sold chariots.