Craig's List

/ Craig's List #21  
I get a kick out of some people. I once saw a good deal on a canoe with paddles and life jackets, the guy wasn't home and when I went back somebody was already talking to him. I heard the guy offer less and the owner said no, so they walked away. As soon as they got past me I walked up and handed the seller the $350 asking price, it was mine before the the first guy had left the driveway. I took it home, planning to sell the canoe for $100 more, keeping the nice wooden paddles and life jackets. My neighbor wanted it though so I sold the canoe for $350, the paddles to somebody else for $75, and still have the two Stearns life jackets. I don't believe the canoe had ever been in the water until after I sold it.

/ Craig's List #22  
Long before CraigsList I parked a motorcycle out front with $100 and my ph #. Guy called and offered $90. I said can't do it. Next day I had the seat rcovered and changed sign to $110. Same guy showed up with $100 in hand. Told him it was $110 now. He threw a fit and told me I couldn't raise the price after saying $100. I told him I could and just did because he didn't take it when offered. He got red faced,got in his truck and drove off. I had enough for the day and pulled the sign, brought the bike from the road and parked it in the yard. My brother that was visiting helping me drink beer was cracking up laughing when the guy drove back up and said he would pay the $110. Nope,I told you earlier you should strike when the iron is hot,I just brought it over here to put $125 on it. He paid $125,loaded it and said I was the hardest man he had ever dealt with. That happened in the mid 60s and my brother was still telling the story until he passed in 94.

/ Craig's List #23  
If I am going to buy something from Craigslist, or anywhere like that, I make sure that I want it, I make sure the seller knows I am going to buy it, and I get the seller to agree to wait until a certain time before he sets up any other people to look at it. If I drive 500 miles to pick up something and you sold it to a local guy a couple hours earlier after agreeing to wait for me, there will probably be a few choice words spoken. A friend had a CL seller agree to wait 3 hours for him to get off work, get to the bank for the cash and drive 100 miles. As he is leaving the bank, the guy called and said somebody told him that the Harley part he had was worth 4 times that and that he would pay it if he held it till tomorrow. My friend was pissed, but luckily didn't have the 100 miles under his belt or things would have turned bad. The next day the other buyer didn't show, so the seller called my friend and said he could have it for 3 times what it was listed for, my buddy did the right thing and hung up. I would not have been that nice.
David from jax

/ Craig's List #24  
i sold a Mitchel fishing hut camper in about 2013. Every couple years i get a call about it. I have never been able to figure out where it is still posted.

/ Craig's List #25  
What you are saying make's sense sandman but the problem is that sellers have no way of knowing which are serious and which are playing games when they try to clinch the deal on the phone. There are both squirrely buyers and sellers.

/ Craig's List #26  
Used to sell hay on CL. No more. I list on Michigan Hay now. When I sell farm equipment it's always on tractor house. You pay for your ad up front and they do the pictures and listing. I've had 100% good luck with TH especially on expensive equipment.

Just sold a mint New Holland 575 square bailer on TH. was going to ask 10 grand and TH told me it was worth more so I listed it at their price. Sold it in 2 days for cash. First guy bought it and came 400 miles to get it. Paid me up front and picked it up 2 weeks later. Very seamless transaction. When dealing with farm equipment one, it's expensive and 2, most farmers know what they want so price haggling is basically non existent.

When I sold hay on CL, it was always too much or it wasn't quite right or they wanted to give me a check (I only take cash).. I'm all done with that. I have one customer now and he takes it all and has for 5 years now. We agree ahead of time on the per bale price and he picks it up in the field, I load his semi's and I get paid at the end of the year, just like clockwork.

If I had to deal with CL idiots, I'd be out of the hay business. I have no patience with idiots or tire kickers. I know exactly what it costs me to make and I watch market price constantly. Being a smart farmer has it's advantages as in I stay in the black, year after year.

/ Craig's List #27  
I recently sold an older Samsung phone at a fraction of what it was new. I had at least two potential buyers want ME to do the research on whether it would work on their phone plan. I cleary stated I used it on Cricket and would likely work on ATT since it was an ATT "branded" phone. One lady i think was almost upset with me. I said it's a $35 phone take it or leave it. Two interested buyers both lived about 50 miles away and asked if I could met them half way? Nope, I'm not in the delivery business. Finally some guy messaged me and offered $30 and could I meet him at the local cop shop. Done deal.

/ Craig's List #28  
Been my experience that CL is mostly tire kickers and low ballers. I use Tractor House to buy and sell equipment now.
Hooo boy you must be rolling in cash. Tractor House ad prices are insane.
Im still on CL, but I admit things move real slow there now.

Used to sell hay on CL, but stopped. I have had steady buyers for over 10 years. No need to advertise.

/ Craig's List #29  
I have found that marketplace is also filled with scammers. I looked at a used a nice-looking Subaru a month ago with 120k miles on a used, small-town car lot. Carfax showed several inspections or sales that ran the odometer to over 300,000. I didn't know it was that easy to override the digital odometers. Now that Ida blew through, I just gave up looking at used vehicles.