Portable Phone Chargers

/ Portable Phone Chargers #21  
Are these chargers "all in one"? Nothing else to buy to make it work over & over again? Or do I need to buy a battery to make it work or a charger to charge up the phone-charger?

you would use the charger/ and cable from your phone to use this.

it comes with a cable to charge it, you would use the charger from your s9 with it, and the usb-c cable to charge from the bank to the phone. the battery is built into the unit, that is what the Mah capacity indicates.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #22  
Most of the newer jump starter boost packs have usb outputs,
or they have 12 volt outlets which can take the cigarette lighter usb power supply.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #23  
I have also been using this on my thermal scopes for those all night hunts. But Anker makes a variety of sizes and styles that should cover most any need.

I like that I can use this to recharge my phone if needed on the rare occasions it starts to die.
Screenshot_20210717-144549-467.jpg

/ Portable Phone Chargers #24  
I just don't know what brand is good enough or junk.
I wouldn't worry about what brand. I have bought two different ones. I couldn't tell you the brand without looking. And I paid no attention when I ordered them. They both work fine. It isn't rocket science after all. They are just batteries. They are cheap enough to where if one didn't work fine (unlikely), I'd just buy a different one. I carry one in my travel bag and one in my motorcycle tank bag, and they have both come in handy more than once. I'd worry more about how many mAh they have (milli-Amp-hours). More mAh is better.

a 5-6000 mAH will typically charge a phone once, a 0-12,000 will typically charge 2 phones.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #26  
Look for a rechargable powerbank. Duracell makes them from 3350 mAh to 20,100 mAh available on Amazon. You can get them with a digital display to keep track of the charge.

I have several promotional ones that my company gives away that I keep in my laptop case. They stay charged for months at a time. A 4,000 mAh will charge my phone.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #27  
You guys might be missing an important point. If it doesn't work when you need it, then it becomes the next emergency. :unsure:

/ Portable Phone Chargers #28  
I think I can answer all your questions in one sentence...

I'm looking for a method to recharge a Samsung Galaxy S9 when we have no power to the house, the genny is out of gas and the car won't start.
Put a power outlet on your tractor and use that.

SR

/ Portable Phone Chargers #29  
If your worried about major f ups where the grid goes down, fuel cant be pumped, food is scarce, etc.

why are you worrying about cell phone. Those towers have a few days worth of gas for the generators at best. When the towers go dark, so does your phone.

im thinking of getting a solar generator for powering simple lights, maybe a small refer. I think it would be nice just for piece of mind. Having something as simple as light at night is very reassuring for people.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #30  
I think I can answer all your questions in one sentence...

I'm looking for a method to recharge a Samsung Galaxy S9 when we have no power to the house, the genny is out of gas and the car won't start.
I have one. It last for many months or even over a year before I have checked it and it was still charged up. It will charge the phone many times. The daily/monthly/yearly loss of a Lithium batter is very little. It will last a long long time in a drawer vs. a Nicad battery. The era of the Nicad is over. So I think you would be safe to throw one in drawer for quite a while and expect it to work when you drag it out. Maybe top it up once every year and go from there, or get one that has a solar cell integrated into it and leave it out in the light.