Portable Phone Chargers

/ Portable Phone Chargers #31  
Picked up a HONEONE off Amazon for $28. Not cheapest but it should do the job. Al a backup in case the Solar Charger takes a dump, I have a NOCO GB40 in both cars and a GB150 in the truck.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #32  
I have a group 31 sitting in my garage with a batt. tender on it, how many times do you think that baby will charge a phone (and about anything else) IF the power goes out???

SR

/ Portable Phone Chargers #33  
I bought my son one that was on clearance at Walmart years ago for less than $20 if I remember correctly. He used it all during high school and college. Asked him tonight about it and he said it still works fine.
Cant remember the capacity but it came with jumper cables.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #34  
If your worried about major f ups where the grid goes down, fuel cant be pumped, food is scarce, etc.

why are you worrying about cell phone. Those towers have a few days worth of gas for the generators at best. When the towers go dark, so does your phone.

im thinking of getting a solar generator for powering simple lights, maybe a small refer. I think it would be nice just for piece of mind. Having something as simple as light at night is very reassuring for people.
We kept losing cell reception after Hurricane Michael. Rumor was people kept stealing the generators from the towers. They finally stationed National Guard at the towers.

We have a emergency band tower near me. They have prison fence around it. The local cell towers you can drive right up to. No fence surrounding them at all.

You might check the power ports in your vehicles to see if they are hot with the key off. Both of my Fords the power port is live all the time. Our Kia has it switched. I haven't checked the rear port in the Kia to see if it is switched or not.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #35  
During an emergency - cell phone is one of the last thing I worry about. We should be thinking - shelter, food, water. How in H*LL did we ever make it thru an emergency BEFORE cell phones. I truly believe some of you equate a cell phone with a pace maker.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #36  
During an emergency - cell phone is one of the last thing I worry about. We should be thinking - shelter, food, water. How in H*LL did we ever make it thru an emergency BEFORE cell phones. I truly believe some of you equate a cell phone with a pace maker.
I want to know my loved ones are safe. What if I need emergency services. Should I send up smoke signals?

/ Portable Phone Chargers #37  
You mentioned medical device, that's what started this. Mrs.tiller spent a week or so in the hospital a while back and when her tablet ran out of juice, I brought in a 6' long 14 gauge power cord so she could charge it up.

The nurse suggested I take it back to my truck before someone from engineering sees it and confiscates it. They consider anything of mine plugged into their outlet is a fire hazard.
Just imagine how to use some of the suggestions here - Car battery, tractor - heck just carry a 10K generator around.

How big are your pockets and wallet?
I've usually BIG pockets and a small amount of money to spend.

I've about dozen Li-based battery banks of various size, from the Anker size that Darryle posted to a GOOLOO 4000A that is rated to start my tractors. All fit in my cargo pant pockets.

My uses are primarily:
- running Wyze cameras and a wireless hotspot
- Starting my wife's 1994 Honda Civic (I use a HF Li-Fe)
- Providing power for cellphones when my wife "whoops, forgot to charge the phone".

All of them seem to keep a charge for years. Generally the bigger you go the more power you can store. Many
include LED for use as a flashlight. The larger ones have multiple outlets for various uses.

For the Wyze case I'm partial to the little Samsung 10Ah, mainly because they kept going on sale for $13@. It will run a camera recording to SD card for about 2 to 3 days. I pop the battery in a ziploc,) place the camera. If I need my Mobley (wireless hotspot) I can plug that in also.

For my wife's Civic I've the HF Li-Fe which will start it several times. Holds a charge for years.

And for the "whoops" I have her carry one of the Samsung or one of the little Anker sized ones.

From what the OP posted about his uses I'd recommend a couple of the 10Ah size when they go on sale.

The GOOLOO is nice if I have to crank my tractor but heavy to carry around JUST to charge a cell phone.

Besides size and price also consider danger. LiIon explodes:

The HF charger is LiFe, not very explosive.

/ Portable Phone Chargers
We went to WallyWorld this afternoon and bought a 20000 mah Anker charger and a 3' long cord to hook it to the phone.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #39  
I love this one-bring it everywhere. Got it as part of my Milwaukee heated winter jacket.

Amazon.com: Milwaukee 48-59-1201 M12 Charger and Portable Power Source

I have 5 M12 batteries if I need them when not using tools.

I also have a redbook charger, and can also use my three LiPo drone batteries as portable chargers if needed.

I have a solar panel system so to charge them is freeeeee.

/ Portable Phone Chargers #40  
I have one of these I keep in the truck "just in case". It will probably charge/run a cellphone but that's not important to me.
Never had to use it, but cheap insurance IMHO.