Marketing: Power Trac vs Ventrac

/ Marketing: Power Trac vs Ventrac #1  

BertGSD

Tractor
Craftsman Lawn Tractor
Do you guys know of video demonstrations of the Power Trac I can see online? I see tons for Ventrac and it seems very well marketed. Does PowerTrac have anything like this or do you know of any sites where people show their Power Trac in action?

/ Marketing: Power Trac vs Ventrac
thank you!

/ Marketing: Power Trac vs Ventrac #4  
Ventrac and Steiner have a 'twist' pivot separating the front and rear halves of the machines. Ventrac, Steiner and Power Trac will be excellent on slopes. The Ventrac and Steiner in some scenarios are superior surmounting mounds and debris because the twist pivot keeps four wheels on the ground crossing up to 8" obstacles.
You make it sound like PoweTracs don't do that.

They do.

/ Marketing: Power Trac vs Ventrac #5  
PowerTracs articulate 45 degrees each direction and oscillate +- 12 degrees. That's the same numbers that Ventrac publishes.

You make it sound like PoweTracs don't do that.

They do.
Thanks for the info. I think the PowerTrac will be the better choice for what I need. I gather it is more of a slope tractor whereas the Ventrac is slope mower that can do tractor things. The PowerTrac has more and varied attachments. I will be preparing land for and then tending a vineyard on a steepish slope where I wouldn't take a John Deere. I think I likely need the TSM class due to the slope. Do you have experience with those?

/ Marketing: Power Trac vs Ventrac #7  
When I was looking at buying equipment, I found it helpful to measure my slopes, and itemize what I planned to do on the slopes, and then go from there.

One thing that the Power-Trac tractors aren't good at is plowing or deep ripping. You need gears or planetary final drives for that.

For row crops, bear in mind the spacing between your rows and the tractor width.

For vineyards, you might also consider Antonio Carraro tractors, depending on what you are doing, and how your vines are laid out.

All the best,

Peter

/ Marketing: Power Trac vs Ventrac #8  
Thanks for the info. I think the PowerTrac will be the better choice for what I need. I gather it is more of a slope tractor whereas the Ventrac is slope mower that can do tractor things. The PowerTrac has more and varied attachments. I will be preparing land for and then tending a vineyard on a steepish slope where I wouldn't take a John Deere. I think I likely need the TSM class due to the slope. Do you have experience with those?
No. I do not. We've had a PT425 since 2001.

The slope mower folks on this forum will be happy to give you their thoughts on their machines and experiences.

/ Marketing: Power Trac vs Ventrac #9  
Happy to be part of the team that convinces you on the tsm. I have an 1850 and love it. Where are you located? Antonio’s were our first choice but lift capacity and the crazy price killed the deal. But they are super nice.

Thanks Peter. Whenever I have looked at the Antonio Carraro, I have wished I was living in Europe. There are a lot of used ones there for a good price.