How to hang a banner in Idaho

/ How to hang a banner in Idaho #11  
1964 - Alaskan earth quake - Anchorage, AK. LOTS of houses "just fell over".

/ How to hang a banner in Idaho #12  
Hey, thanks for the idea. I could replace the 6 foot step ladder with my 24 foot extension ladder when I need to go higher:

PC160005.JPG
PC080012.JPG

/ How to hang a banner in Idaho #13  
   / How to hang a banner in Idaho #14  
I've done similar in the past. Just climb up over the FEL and up the ladder. Not anymore since the hose popped out of the hose end on my FEL. It dropped like it was bungee corded to the ground.

/ How to hang a banner in Idaho #15  
I've done similar in the past. Just climb up over the FEL and up the ladder. Not anymore since the hose popped out of the hose end on my FEL. It dropped like it was bungee corded to the ground.
That's why I don't use my loader for a work platform anymore. It has never happened to me yet and I don't care to have the first time.

You can always use these, Tractor Loader Cylinder Safety Stops- Ask Tractor Mike or a homemade rendition.

/ How to hang a banner in Idaho
This kind of brings up an interesting point. Now you have to use a multitude of fasteners and bracing to hold your house up apparently. When is the last time anyone has seen a house just fall over?
Just happened big time in florida

But actually i was in LA during several earthquakes.....and saw lots of houses and apartments pancake and fall over.

/ How to hang a banner in Idaho #17  
When was the last time that you saw a house bouncing out across a field?

/ How to hang a banner in Idaho #18  
Just happened big time in florida

But actually i was in LA during several earthquakes.....and saw lots of houses and apartments pancake and fall over.
I was speaking of single family residences. Do you think the earthquake resistant construction requirements in California should be the standard in Idaho?

Some years ago I built a three story home on the side of a hill. I had a tall masonry chimney on one corner of the house. Code called for it to be tied back into the house with long strapping. When the mason was wrapping things up he said "I suggest once you get the signoff to insulate and sheetrock that you cut the ties going back into the house. If you have an earthquake, this 10' x10' corner chimney will tear your house apart if it wants to fall."

/ How to hang a banner in Idaho
Idaho has adopted alot of the strict calif codes. When i build my place in 1996 the inspector was surprised to see steel in the footings, much less anchor bolts. Nowdays theres shear schedules, hold downs, hurricane strapping, etc.

oh, also a bunch of ex Californian building officials and inspectors.

/ How to hang a banner in Idaho #20  
What is the hangup with doing that? How many times has anyone seen a loader fail and fall??? Statistically it is as safe or safer than being on a ladder on uneven ground.

I can see if one does not trust his own abilities, but otherwise not a problem. Someone here on TBN has a thread talking about americans getting soft. I'll bet that guy would do this!! 🤣🤣

It happened to me on January 3, 1973. I also seen the mess they leave several times and heard the story of a few others. This was over a 35 year period with one employer and 150 ~ lift trucks of varying sizes.

So, yeah it happens but not every day.