Does anybody follow the Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics? #41  
Download the NBC Sports app. It lets you watch any event whenever you want. I'm into soccer and shooting and my wife equestrian, so we both get to watch all we want on our schedule. We just make sure we don't listen to the news about who wins gold etc so we don't know how it ends when we watch our events.
I'm guessing this wouldn't work for people who watch TV using an antenna? I would expect them to require that I enter info about my TV provider where I purchase access. I would like to be wrong.

I'm also interested in equestrian sports, but those are never on public TV.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #42  
Funny, they were showing equestrian Wednesday night at the restaurant we were in. I don't mind it as it's own thing, but it is another one that should not be in the Olympics. The horse is the athlete.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #43  
Then they add a new 'sport' every so often, like skeet shooting.
Perhaps the next will include 'Tractor Racing' 100 meter, 1000- meter both women and men category plus under 50 hp and turbo class.
But then they drop some of the original contests like shotput discus etc.
It is just a big 'mine is bigger than yours' contest.
There are so many events that I didn't know were an Olympic sport that it makes me wonder if I'm unknowingly training for 2024.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics?
There are so many events that I didn't know were an Olympic sport that it makes me wonder if I'm unknowingly training for 2024.
How long does it take to climb off your tractor, hook up an implement (sans Pat's) and climb back on again?

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #46  
A guy goes to the Olympics and sees a man carrying a long pole. The guy asks "Are you a pole vaulter?" The man replies "No I'm German how did you know my name is Walter?"

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #47  
Not any more. I am too old. I remember athletes who were happy, proud, and lived for the opportunity to go to the olympics to represent their country. What I see today is people who ask for olympic contributions so they can go, dream to represent the US, then embarrass themselves and their country by their actions. I am tired of them. While our country is not perfect (by any means) it beats the hell out of many. They should represent whatever country sent them proudly with their best performance and actions. Yes, there are Many many athletes who are better. That is why people who don't want to represent their country should stay home. It reflects on all. I do believe sports (all sports) are a business. No sport (as a business) is a personal platform for a single person or cause.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #48  
I was watching them until they showed an American women shot put silver medalist have her “crossed arms” protest on the podium. Then they gave her 20 seconds of an interview to explain it. That was enough to make me turn it off for rest of the day. I put on the Cubs game torture myself instead.

Last edited:
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics? #49  
I was watching them until they showed an American women shot put silver medalist have her “crossed arms” protest on the podium. Then they gave her 20 seconds of an interview to explain it. That was enough to make me turn it off for rest of the day. I put the Cubs game torture myself instead.
That type of stuff did it for me. I would rather the press interview 20 seconds with ANYONE else about ANYTHING ELSE. I don't care why. I care that they represent THEIR country with respect.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #50  
I was watching them until they showed an American women shot put silver medalist have her “crossed arms” protest on the podium. Then they gave her 20 seconds of an interview to explain it. That was enough to make me turn it off for rest of the day. I put the Cubs game torture myself instead.
IMHO any medalist who protests on the podium should be instantly banned for life and the medal discarded! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.