Does anybody follow the Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics? #71  
As a former two-time Olympian (water polo), I watch & cheer my country but I also recognize & respect all competitors who play for their country. I simply tune out athletes who try to use the Olympic as their soapbox. Instead, I talk about extraordinary athletes who exemplifies the Olympic spirit.
That’s fair. The problem I see now is the networks and the “news” outlets also promote their garbage. They give them an outlet for their hate of the USA other than “holding up the fist” at the medal ceremony.
It’s not just the protesting athlete some of us dislike, it’s also the media supporting them. Its hard to tune that out.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #72  
"Related Topics"... Read through the various threads and you'll understand.
I guess I come to a site called "TractorByNet" to get some advice or hand some out involving machinery and such in the various forums. If I'm looking to talk about sports or something akin to that, there are plenty of other forums for that. Not trying to bash your post or anything - it just generally seemed odd to me. I guess I don't read through too many other threads, but I haven't seen any others talking about sports. I guess there was one that was simply titled "Good Morning", but I didn't bother checking that out.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #73  
I heard they've added a new olympic sport for women...it's the 40 meter jump to conclusions...!

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #74  
I guess I come to a site called "TractorByNet" to get some advice or hand some out involving machinery and such in the various forums. If I'm looking to talk about sports or something akin to that, there are plenty of other forums for that. Not trying to bash your post or anything - it just generally seemed odd to me. I guess I don't read through too many other threads, but I haven't seen any others talking about sports. I guess there was one that was simply titled "Good Morning", but I didn't bother checking that out.

The Topic Subject was pretty specific.

If you don’t want to talk Olympics or sports, it’s easy enough not to read the thread.

MoKelly

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #75  
The Topic Subject was pretty specific.

If you don’t want to talk Olympics or sports, it’s easy enough not to read the thread.

MoKelly

True enough. But I never said it was confusing, and I never said I don't want to talk Olympics or sports. In fact, I do plenty of that on other sites. I just thought it was odd that it's on the TractorByNet site.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #76  
True enough. But I never said it was confusing, and I never said I don't want to talk Olympics or sports. In fact, I do plenty of that on other sites. I just thought it was odd that it's on the TractorByNet site.

We cover it all and have suggestions to save the world - as well as how to change hydro filters without losing any fluid!!

MoKelly

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #77  
We cover it all and have suggestions to save the world - as well as how to change hydro filters without losing any fluid!!

MoKelly

Dang! I guess I should read this forum more thoroughly. I always just changed the fluid while changing the filters, even though the fluid is supposed to last longer.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics?
That’s fair. The problem I see now is the networks and the “news” outlets also promote their garbage. They give them an outlet for their hate of the USA other than “holding up the fist” at the medal ceremony.
It’s not just the protesting athlete some of us dislike, it’s also the media supporting them. Its hard to tune that out.
It also draws attention from those athletes who should be enjoying their 15 minutes of fame; just like a problem child receives more attention than his well behaved siblings.
On the rare occasion that I watch sports of any type; I enjoy the sportsmanship more than the winning. Hence I'm much more apt to watch a high school basketball game than college or pro level teams.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #80  
We leave it on TV with the volume down. When the race or match, etc., starts, we turn up the volume, then turn it down again. Volume only goes up when we want to listen to it.

We'll read, do a puzzle or snooze while it's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.