Zero Turn

/ Zero Turn #11  
Kubota must have a really good hydrostatic system. I mow an incredibly steep bank with my ZD331 and even when going straight downhill, if I let go of the sticks, it gently comes to a stop.
*Wet grass can make things tricky* and there is a possibility of some turf burn if youre not careful.
I never use the brakes except for parking. Just pull back on sticks.
I wonder if the OP would be a good candidate for a Kubota “F”?

/ Zero Turn #12  
my buddy who owns an exmark says i should just drive the 2600 ft on the zt, probably less than 10 minutes, cut, then drive back.

anyone have an opinion?
Our driveway is a half mile with a 400 ft drop in elevation. I drive our Great Dane on that driveway all the time to get to where the mowing needs to be done. Then I mow for an hour or two and head back up the mountain. Been doing that monthly for 3 summer's. I can't see where it harms the machine.

/ Zero Turn #13  
Get a faster zero turn! Mine will cover 2600 feet in less than 3 minutes. The Scag Cheetah will do it in less than 2 minutes.

For those of you who cannot go down hills without sliding and losing control, get different tires. I used to have that problem until I put Carlisle AT-101 tires on my mower. Night and day difference. I can start and stop on all my hills without issue. And the AT-101’s do less turf damage on turns than the original turf tires.

/ Zero Turn #14  
I wouldn't hesitate to drive the ZT for a half mile on gravel transporting. I will say that running about 5 miles per week on pavement wears out rear tires, but I would rather replace the rears every 500 hours than load and unload for 16 lawns all within a mile of each other.

/ Zero Turn #15  
I saw a picture of a Cub on here that had a steering wheel to steer it and forward and reverse pedals and a parking brake.
My wife has one, she don't like toe 'oars' on mine (CC 60" Tank'. Hers has a steering wheel, brake pedal and go pedal, just like a conventional mower but is still a zero turn. Quite nice actually.

I think hers is an RZT?

/ Zero Turn #16  
For those of you who cannot go down hills without sliding and losing control, get different tires. I used to have that problem until I put Carlisle AT-101 tires on my mower. Night and day difference. I can start and stop on all my hills without issue. And the AT-101’s do less turf damage on turns than the original turf tires.
+1
Put AT 101's on both my mowers.
The stock turfs were useless.

/ Zero Turn #17  
I tried a very similar tire to the Carlisle AT101’s for 2 years and I had to take them off. The were Carlisle Power Traction? Something like that.
NO DOUBT they get better traction, BUT if you aren’t careful, you can tear up poor quality or shallow rooted lawn grass. I basically have one huge customer and the resident in charge of grounds is of course an “expert” and carefully watches and checks everything. Even though the lawn quality is suspect, you have to treat it like a country club. Lol
He tells me he doesn’t like the tires and in certain spots, turf tearing does occur. Hes not incorrect, but real fussy.
They would be great if you are a homeowner and don’t care and the traction is worth the higher incidence of tearing. They are also safer on bad hills.
Turf tires spin out much more than AT101s, but its more of a “smear” or a “burn”, whereas I found the AT101 bar-type tires actually rip the lawn and leave a dirt mark if you’re not extra careful.
I have become so good at running the ZD331, that Carlisle turfs are all I need. I use the F3860 on the psycho slopes now anyway.

1627873123339.jpeg

/ Zero Turn #18  
I wouldn't hesitate to drive the ZT for a half mile on gravel transporting. I will say that running about 5 miles per week on pavement wears out rear tires, but I would rather replace the rears every 500 hours than load and unload for 16 lawns all within a mile of each other.
thx all. yes, the 2600 ft ride up the driveway was all of 7 minutes one way. It takes me that long to remember where i put the trailer!

The drive is much smoother than what i'm cutting so no problem there either.

thx

/ Zero Turn #19  
I tried a very similar tire to the Carlisle AT101’s for 2 years and I had to take them off. The were Carlisle Power Traction? Something like that.
NO DOUBT they get better traction, BUT if you aren’t careful, you can tear up poor quality or shallow rooted lawn grass. I basically have one huge customer and the resident in charge of grounds is of course an “expert” and carefully watches and checks everything. Even though the lawn quality is suspect, you have to treat it like a country club. Lol
He tells me he doesn’t like the tires and in certain spots, turf tearing does occur. Hes not incorrect, but real fussy.
They would be great if you are a homeowner and don’t care and the traction is worth the higher incidence of tearing. They are also safer on bad hills.
Turf tires spin out much more than AT101s, but its more of a “smear” or a “burn”, whereas I found the AT101 bar-type tires actually rip the lawn and leave a dirt mark if you’re not extra careful.
I have become so good at running the ZD331, that Carlisle turfs are all I need. I use the F3860 on the psycho slopes now anyway.

View attachment 707959
Boy am I glad I'm not heating that 'barn' in the winter. Bet your fuel bills are huge.

/ Zero Turn #20  
Boy am I glad I'm not heating that 'barn' in the winter. Bet your fuel bills are huge.
Thank the Lord for natural gas (for the time being) and 2x6 walls with R-19 insulation
Even my stand by generator is NG. I’d make my toaster NG if they offered it….lol