Oil & Fuel Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying. #11  
See the attached pics, may need to click on them for better resolution. The filter at the bottom is what is in your picture. The filter at the top is the one with the fuel sensor. After looking at Mahindra's part list you have the same Bosch filter on your tractor.

Attachments

• 20210804_142149.jpg
    20210804_142149.jpg
    857 KB · Views: 128
  • 20210804_142154.jpg
    20210804_142154.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
   / Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying.
I don't think you got all the bad fuel out. The filter could still have water in it. And I wonder if anything else was in the tank since you describe the color as "junk and yellow"..

I run an older tractor - a Massey 1533 that has no emissions or electronic controls. I don't know your tractor but wrote of my bad fuel experience on your other thread.

Understand, I could be way off the mark here. I've only been at the tractor games for 4 summers now. Still learning.

Sorry you are having this bad time.

Thank you for responding bearthebruce. I used it two days for a couple of hours. Ran out early today before it got too hot and it wouldn’t crank. I drained both filters again and caught the fuel and there was zero water. All diesel.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying.
Looks like silver cannister near engine block houses your fuel filter. After you drained it did you refill the cup or pump the plunger next to it to refill it?

Hello RustyA I did. I left the bottom lightly tightened and primed it, pure diesel when it ran out after letting it drain, so I knew it was fuel and I could finish tightening.

I just went through this same thing with my 2538 a month ago. You need to replace both filters to be safe , Drain tank and remove filters , Replace filters fill with good fuel , prime and start , mine would run for a few seconds then die, i had to prime several times till it stayed running. good luck

Hello 3gunr. Ok. Thank you. I was afraid of that. I think that sludge junk that came out probably messed up the main filter that is close to the firewall with the sensor in the bottom. Did you order online or through dealership? We know what the dealership will charge. Double or triple the price.

I think your 1533 and my 2538 have similar engines. So, on my tractor the silver can is the primary filter and on the other side of the engine is the secondary filter. The secondary has the water sensor at the bottom of the filter. You may want to see if you can remove the wiring connector from the sensor and then unscrew the water sensor to drain out the water. The extra line may be return to tank, the injectors intentionally bypass some fuel back to the tank for cooling of the injectors.

IMG_6290.JPG

Hello mwayne. On mine there is a filter close to the firewall that sits up high and has the sensor then the other one sits closer to the front of the tractor on the left side. Both on left side. I knew the guy that drained the fuel out before when this happened stayed only on one side. I drained both of those. I think with this happening twice that it has the main filter all clogged up. There was a lot of junk in there. I have learned my lesson on buying fuel from that place. I have heard others saying the same thing. I may try to change the filters myself. Everything is tight in there but I think I can do it. I am going to give it a try. I may be back on here. lol Do you order online for parts and where may I ask? The dealer is high.

IMG_6297.JPG
IMG_6292.JPG
First picture is hard to see but that is the main filter, on left side close to firewall with sensor and plug. The 2nd pic is the lower filter that has a nut in the bottom, just remove but don’t lose the washer and let it drain. Both were clear diesel today. But no go. It wouldn’t crank. So filter time I guess. Thank all you gentleman so much. If you can think of anything I have missed please let me know. Have a good evening.

PS I did wash it today. It was pretty caked up with mud.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying. #18  
View attachment 708646

Hello mwayne. On mine there is a filter close to the firewall that sits up high and has the sensor then the other one sits closer to the front of the tractor on the left side. Both on left side. I knew the guy that drained the fuel out before when this happened stayed only on one side. I drained both of those. I think with this happening twice that it has the main filter all clogged up. There was a lot of junk in there. I have learned my lesson on buying fuel from that place. I have heard others saying the same thing. I may try to change the filters myself. Everything is tight in there but I think I can do it. I am going to give it a try. I may be back on here. lol Do you order online for parts and where may I ask? The dealer is high.
I'm now a dealership orphan so have been getting filters from billstractor. Also in post # 11 I wrote the Wix and Bosch part numbers, you can Google those numbers and see where else they are available. Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm now a dealership orphan so have been getting filters from billstractor. Also in post # 11 I wrote the Wix and Bosch part numbers, you can Google those numbers and see where else they are available. Good luck!

A dealership orphan. Well hopefully it will not be much longer for me. Thank you mwayne. I will check it now. I have been looking online this afternoon. I am getting behind and I don’t like it. Too much going on. Thank you so much for the help. The guy that was helping out around here welded the stabilizers and posted a couple of years ago. I am still using them but I don’t like them. He was a lot of help but I think he just got tired of working. He left and if I can fix things to save money then I will do it. I have noticed it is a lot cheaper than paying him, too. Plus the dealership.

See the attached pics, may need to click on them for better resolution. The filter at the bottom is what is in your picture. The filter at the top is the one with the fuel sensor. After looking at Mahindra's part list you have the same Bosch filter on your tractor.

That is it. Thank you!