Oil & Fuel Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying.
You may also have have an algae problem in your tank which there are additives for that problem also . Algae will clog your filters over time . I am treating my tank now . I use use 5 gal. containers to get my fuel in and I first noticed it in the bottom of the containers . I washed my containers out with bleach and treating my fuel tank .

I washed out storage fuel tanks with Dawn and then dried them out with a hair dryer. lol Don’t laugh. It worked. Those storage tanks were gross. I never thought about it. I also picked up the Howe’s. I have studied everything and about to go take my test on changing the fuel filters. Oh Lord help me.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying.
Between the heat and rain, I have completed the draining and cleaning of storage tanks. Then fuel filters came in and I actually got them on. Put diesel on the o rings, filled up filters before putting them on. Put those on, tightened up everything, jumped on the seat and nothing. Lights came on on the dash, but it wouldn’t turn over and wouldn’t crank. Dang. So I jumped off and primed the fuel filter, and jumped back on the seat. Nothing. Looked and imagine my thoughts when I saw the tank was empty. I put charger on the battery. Let it charge and couldn’t wait to see if that worked. It didn’t. I primed the filter again. No leaks of fuel found. I only tried to crank tractor a couple of times, but there is no pressure on the primer. Each time it was so easy to press. But I did get all of my tanks cleaned and the fuel ran clear everywhere. The filter looked horrible. I though no wonder Big Red couldnt breathe. So here I am like a bird in the wilderness. Now what?

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying. #33  
So it cranks but no fire? I have to believe that you still have air trapped in the system.. did you fill the canisters with fuel before you let re-installed? If not, all the air that was in the filters and in the cans are still in the system and needs to be purged.. that could take a while.

Watch what this guy does - bigger tractor but has the two filter system:

So it cranks but no fire? I have to believe that you still have air trapped in the system.. did you fill the canisters with fuel before you let re-installed? If not, all the air that was in the filters and in the cans are still in the system and needs to be purged.. that could take a while.

Watch what this guy does - bigger tractor but has the two filter system:

No cranking, it doesn’t even turn over. All of the lights come on. Yes, canisters filled, o rings lubricated. Ok, it has cooled off a little so I will go out and try purging the system more. Thank you.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying. #35  
You need to clean the battery terminal posts and clamps first thing. Then, see if it takes a charge.....
-Simon

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying. #36  
I'm with @SimpleSimon No crank is a whole new problem. You need to figure out if a safety switch is keeping the starter off. Everything in the "safe" to start position?

If it is slow to crank, then you have a battery issue. But no crank would likely be a safety of some sort keeping the main relay from commanding the starter to turn.

A blown or loose fuse?

Do you have a wiring diagram and a multimeter? Find the components that are required to pull in the start relay and see if the conditions are being met. If not, trace back until you find what has gone sideways.

You need to clean the battery terminal posts and clamps first thing. Then, see if it takes a charge.....
-Simon

Trying that in just a minute. They are clean but I remember having a problem before and a farmer told me to take battery cables off, clean posts and put back on.

I'm with @SimpleSimon No crank is a whole new problem. You need to figure out if a safety switch is keeping the starter off. Everything in the "safe" to start position?

If it is slow to crank, then you have a battery issue. But no crank would likely be a safety of some sort keeping the main relay from commanding the starter to turn.

A blown or loose fuse?

Do you have a wiring diagram and a multimeter? Find the components that are required to pull in the start relay and see if the conditions are being met. If not, trace back until you find what has gone sideways.

Ok, going out to clean battery and trace back now.

See the attached pics, may need to click on them for better resolution. The filter at the bottom is what is in your picture. The filter at the top is the one with the fuel sensor. After looking at Mahindra's part list you have the same Bosch filter on your tractor.

Thank you! Got them.

A dealership orphan. Well hopefully it will not be much longer for me. Thank you mwayne. I will check it now. I have been looking online this afternoon. I am getting behind and I don’t like it. Too much going on. Thank you so much for the help. The guy that was helping out around here welded the stabilizers and posted a couple of years ago. I am still using them but I don’t like them. He was a lot of help but I think he just got tired of working. He left and if I can fix things to save money then I will do it. I have noticed it is a lot cheaper than paying him, too. Plus the dealership.

Thank you. Those were what I needed.