Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #136,801  
Rationing of fuel in the 70s was no joke. Long lines odd even days by license plate numbers yuk

/ Good morning!!!! #136,802  
Well, everyone (meaning wife and stepdaughter) here decided it's to be a stand down day for me...and, we've all decided (unknownst to each other) that it's time to look for another dog. I've been looking for a few weeks, but I didn't know Suzette was as well.
Most likely going to be a rescue pup...

Anyway, reckon I'll catch up on a movie or two...

/ Good morning!!!! #136,803  
67°F and .16 inches rain.
Yesterday afternoon proved to be nicest day in a week, but of course I was in wrong place at wrong time. No such plans for today.
But it was a successful trip to town, including the brewery. Dinner with friends fun and glad we did it.

Me and my tractor today? That’s the plan.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #136,804  
81F and cloudy, HI 86, WU says showers in the area ... think I might hear them.

Headed up to a high of 88F for the day.

Took the dump cart up to the shop late last night and got it unloaded, now need to reload it with the stuff destined for the basement.

Slow getting rolling this morning after sleeping in.

The Woman headed out a little bit ago to do some grocery shopping. Sounds like she might be a little less enthusiastic about being outside today after having been out there earlier. Looking for something not too strenuous. Sounds like separating hosta might be a good fit (an activity she says she finds "therapeutic" ... ;) )

Squeak out in garage on safari.

First items on agenda are to get fish fed and hopper feeder refilled, also clean out and refill birdbath.

Then onto finishing up mowing around the house.

After that we'll see - probably need to get that depression in front of the center door of the barn filled in so it doesn't fill up with water when it eventually does rain.

Also might be a good idea to get the pipes set for the creek crossing ... since with the back gutter cleaned out on the barn it will be dumping water down into that area:

IMG_1244 copy.jpg

Still trying to locate that one new short hose I know I ordered for the curl cylinders that I can't find before the old one blows out. Probably somewhere in the mess up in the shop.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #136,805  
Well, everyone (meaning wife and stepdaughter) here decided it's to be a stand down day for me...and, we've all decided (unknownst to each other) that it's time to look for another dog. I've been looking for a few weeks, but I didn't know Suzette was as well.
Most likely going to be a rescue pup...

Anyway, reckon I'll catch up on a movie or two...
When our chihuahua, Dee, died at the age of 10 about 5 years ago, I decided NO MORE DOGS at our age.

But our daughter's Maltese/Yorkie mix recently had another litter, and since I was outnumbered by my wife, daughter, and granddaughter, I finally agreed that we'll have another dog. So Ripper has nearly 3 more weeks before he's old enough to wean and move in with us.

Attachments

• IMG_9426.jpg
    IMG_9426.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9424.jpg
    IMG_9424.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 61
   / Good morning!!!! #136,806  
Here is an Alcohol story: (bet they wish they would have had a salad)

"Police said they believed alcohol use was involved: “Alcohol impairment is suspected to be a contributing factor for pedestrians.

Pablo Tiquiram Us, 29, and Chilambalam Tiquiram Us, 20, went to the crossing in Charlotte around 5:10 a.m. Tuesday to remember their brother Baltazar Tiquiram Us, 27, who was killed there when his van was hit by a light rail train a week earlier.

They were walking north on the southbound tracks in the early hours of the morning when they were struck and killed by a Lynx train from the Charlotte Regional Transportation System (CATS) at the same location as their brother."

Definitely should be awarded a Darwin!

/ Good morning!!!! #136,807  
Thunderstorms all around but just threatening here, didn't get more than a few drops. The Woman got a decent shower at the grocery though.

IMG_1245 copy.jpg

Hopper feeder filled, mowing done down here around the house.

Birdbath and fish next on the list.

/ Good morning!!!! #136,808  
68 and raining, finally. Only looking for a high of 75.

RNG, sorry to hear the story of your MC instructor. Sounds like a well planned and managed class you took.

Roy, glad you got a shot, and arm soreness is only issue. The movie 3:10 to Yuma sounds good...I recorded it (the original) a while back on DVR and still haven't watched it...since it is rainy, I may join you.

Mostly, okra is just starting to produce...so far pretty good.

Pop, looks like a nice job on the seal job.

I got some pole sawing done yesterday before roasting coffee, and then watching bees. A beekeeper is supposed to come out this afternoon and look things over. I found they are using a second hole in the trunk as the main one, so worried how it will work out.
Hope the beekeeper figures out how to get the queen out.

View attachment 708707

Question: How do you guys with plastic JD hoods get the small scratches out?
Just scrap it and buy a new tractor! Sell the old one to me for scrap price... :)

When I hit a deer and totaled the small Saturn I was driving, I was on a 4 lane hwy, and had cars in both lanes in front of me. It was dark and raining. The deer waited as the car in the inside lane went past him, and darted out just in front of me. IIRC it was a nice sized 8 point buck. RNG, sorry about your friend. There are highways here in the hill country of Texas that are so full of deer (and now wild hogs too), that it is dangerous. An armadillo can send you upwards like Evel Knevel too.

Small world Pennsylvania story. My sister was talking in DFW area to a new acquaintance, and small talk revealed that they had just sold their home in Levittown Pa.....sister said our grandparents lived there in Levittown on Ice Pond road....flabbergasted, the gal said that was the street they had just moved from. It wasn't the exact same home, but close enough. It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.

Popgadget, nice driveway and yard!

Ken, I'm glad you have such a nice "doghouse" for when you're in the doghouse. :)

We picked up my mom, and drove her to Canyon Lake for her 92nd birthday party. My cousin cooked steaks, baked potatoes, and we had cake. A good time was had by all. We went out in their boat Friday, taught my 11 yo son to ride a beginner's wakeboard. He made it look easy....today he's very sore. LOL.

Doug, nice video. It sure looks like you have a lot of forest around you.

$82 crab cakes hiding behind a "market price" sign. OUCH! Thanks for the costco tip. I wonder if our grocery store might have them? I wonder if they'd cook up nicely in an air fryer?

I hope to put on the small fuel pump I got for the Gator this afternoon. It's hot and humid outside, but if the clouds will keep me shaded....we'll see.

RS, your lawn looks really nice.

Roy glad you got your shot, hope the arm feels better. Sounds like you're getting a new pup like Bird is....surrounded by gals who want you to have one.

My 16yo daughter just did her best job to date, of singing/playing with our worship team. I was crying happy tears.

I remember waiting in gas lines in Houston Texas, 1979, to get my maximum allowed 8 gallons, which would almost fill my Datsun pickup....imagine Houston Texas, the oil capital of the world, being out of gas..... :(

OTOH, David's new keg sounds pretty good....I might have to partake in a brew today.

Prayers for our team. Ron and son, Buppies, Mostly's wifey, Roy, Randy, Drew (hope Helga does good work), Billy, Ted, those in silent need, and our country.

/ Good morning!!!! #136,809  
Warm 86F light breeze.

Took Mrs. shopping for new ref. which she purchase $1.900 :oops: but she wasn't done looking,electric range 15 years old sooo she decided purchase new range with all the goodies $1.200 :eek: range deliver 8/21,but the key is Mrs. some happy :) pretty sure my list to Santa will have extras on it. ;)

Not much plan for the evening...grilling pork chops with fresh vegs later share bowl ice cream bed time will come early.

Enjoy the evening all.