Nut Gatherer

/ Nut Gatherer #1  

jaydee325

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere X584 Garden Tractor & LS R3039H
Do these things work as advertised. Walnuts are driving me crazy already!

I just linked this brand as an example. There are lots of other brands out there, some for ridiculous money. This one is less than $30 at the local big box store.

Weasel Nut Gatherer - Garden Weasel

/ Nut Gatherer #2  
I used something similar in my dads yard - but for those thorn balls that fall in the Fall.

They work fine but - if you have lots of nuts you will need to empty many times. The catch area is not very large. Also, you need to push down hard enough to get the nut pushed thru the tines.

If you ever played tennis, it’s very similar to picking up tennis balls using a hopper.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ Nut Gatherer #3  
ill send you my squirrels. They will gather them for you

/ Nut Gatherer #4  
Do these things work as advertised. Walnuts are driving me crazy already!

I just linked this brand as an example. There are lots of other brands out there, some for ridiculous money. This one is less than $30 at the local big box store.

Weasel Nut Gatherer - Garden Weasel
Had those dam things on my first property and they get real sticky but for $30 who knows.

/ Nut Gatherer #5  
They work great. Make sure you get a quality brand and get the proper size for walnuts. We’ve used them for years to harvest black walnuts.
I think the Nut Wizard is the original, or at least a better quality. It is made in the USA too. They have a website with details on sizes and use.

Last edited:
   / Nut Gatherer #6  
I've got one sold and sized for picking up brass at the range. Works fine on concrete. Not so good on grass or gravel.