A few pics from today’s square baling

/ A few pics from today’s square baling #23  
Bring back of lot yester years memories. 👌

/ A few pics from today’s square baling
Post up more pics!
Here’s some feed hay in one of my many leaky, creaky condemned hay sheds. I swear by plastic pallets to reduce bottom spoilage.

1629054850125.jpeg

Here we are making some 4x4x8 big squares and some 4x5 round bales in the background

1629054949983.jpeg

Typical 1500 pound bales

1629054982843.jpeg

Setting up to bale another field

1629055028061.jpeg

Last edited:
   / A few pics from today’s square baling #25  
Looks like your dad was a Ford man.
Not really. Whatever it took to get the job done...and that he could afford at the time. Only one Ford - an 861 model that was just super handy around the place - like a more powerful, updated (power steering!) 8N. But in addition to the old Oliver, he drove a Farmall H, David Brown 1200, and a Massey Ferguson 285 (I think).

Raking hay that had been rained on in 1972:
Haying4 1972r.jpg

Chopping corn in 1969...my brother was riding shotgun on the chopper because a lot of the corn had been blown down in a storm and he had to clear the throat of the chopper whenever it plugged.
Chopping corn Fall 1969r.jpg

I saw the Ford pickup in the one picture with the Ford tractor….
Terrific pictures, btw

/ A few pics from today’s square baling #27  
I saw the Ford pickup in the one picture with the Ford tractor….
Terrific pictures, btw
My Dad LOVED his Ford pickups - but he owned only 3 in his whole life. Kept each one for years.
This is his first. I believe the photo had to be taken about 1951; I'm the little guy in the back shading his eyes. Wish I had that truck today!
Hallstead First Truck-Father,Kids.jpg

This is the "High-boy" you mentioned in your post. Photo taken in 1972; my Mom is up on a platform on the back of the truck picking apples. The tree was so overloaded with apples one of the branches was splitting off the tree - the David Brown is holding up the branch on its bucket.
picking apples 1972r.jpg

/ A few pics from today’s square baling #28  
My Dad LOVED his Ford pickups - but he owned only 3 in his whole life. Kept each one for years.
This is his first. I believe the photo had to be taken about 1951; I'm the little guy in the back shading his eyes. Wish I had that truck today!
View attachment 709736

This is the "High-boy" you mentioned in your post. Photo taken in 1972; my Mom is up on a platform on the back of the truck picking apples. The tree was so overloaded with apples one of the branches was splitting off the tree - the David Brown is holding up the branch on its bucket.
View attachment 709737
Mind me asking where in PA your farm was?