So who is using Starlink? How do you like it?

/ So who is using Starlink? How do you like it? #1  

astrodiver

Tractor
RK 19 JD LA105 My nieghbor says I have small equipment
Just wondering how many folks are using Starlink and if you like it over your old ISP. We're not do for service in Florida
until late 2021 and we can't wait because our old AT&T DSL isn't cutting it anymore.

/ So who is using Starlink? How do you like it? #2  
I do not currently have Starlink, bit I’ve been following SpaceX’s progress on the project for years. I work for a Wall Street firm and have always had to live close to big cities because of the job. In 2021, two things convinced us to finally buy land and start making the move out of the city - the COVID “pandemic” and Starlink. With Starlink I can pretty much live anywhere and get a fairly decent internet connection. Will it beat fiber or cable? No but the numbers are very encouraging and way better than DSL. If you’re like me and have the choice to work from home, Starlink is now a viable option to commuting to a city.

/ So who is using Starlink? How do you like it?
I agree that if you live in a remote location that is not served by fiber-optic or cable and the old 2 wire phone line DSL
is the only option then a service like Starlink is a Godsend. I'm happy you've bought land and hope your ISP options get better!

/ So who is using Starlink? How do you like it? #6  
Just wondering how many folks are using Starlink and if you like it over your old ISP. We're not do for service in Florida
until late 2021 and we can't wait because our old AT&T DSL isn't cutting it anymore.
By May 2021, SpaceX announced that they had over 500,000 Starlink orders by consumers and almost 100,000 users in June 2021. I ordered it here in Indiana last year and so far nothing from Starlink except crickets... the timing is all about location...location...location

/ So who is using Starlink? How do you like it?
I hear you man, we ordered and payed the $100 within a few minutes of getting the e-mail from Starlink back in February '21.
Nothing yet. :(

/ So who is using Starlink? How do you like it? #8  
How does a VOiP phone work over starlink? Anyone have any experience with this?

/ So who is using Starlink? How do you like it? #9  
I paid the deposit and am patiently waiting. AT&T DSL is the worst, next to Hughes Net. Unfortunately, I have no other options.

/ So who is using Starlink? How do you like it? #10  
How does a VOiP phone work over starlink? Anyone have any experience with this?
Starlink should deliver sub-100ms RTT which is well within the acceptable range of latency for VoIP phones, whether it's a hardwired or softphone. Cisco recommends 150ms one way.