Earth's Hottest Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Earth's Hottest Month #401  
China and India have missed a U.N. deadline to submit fresh plans for cutting their greenhouse gas emissions. Actions speak louder than words. China continues to build coal power plants while Chinese President Xi Jinping says his country will stop adding to the global warming problem by 2060.

China, India miss UN deadline to update emissions targets

Oh well. My target to lose 20 pounds was 2017 and I missed that as well.

Targets are fine. Results are what count.

As you say - actions speak louder than words.

MoKelly

/ Earth's Hottest Month #403  
I thought we were discussing "never a peep about solutions."?

I gave you a short list of solutions that were being peeped. I didn't say I agreed with the solutions, but they are offering solutions. Whether viable or not is a different discussion. I'm pretty sure I've read/watched countless stories about climate change that mentions most-likely causes, effects, possible solutions, etc. over the years. All mentioned in the same story.
You referred to lifestyle changes, which also require an outlay of cash based on faith; along with government money.
Earlier in the thread however, I suggested more sublte changes such as reducing the time spent idling at red lights; which you came out against.

/ Earth's Hottest Month #405  
China and India have missed a U.N. deadline to submit fresh plans for cutting their greenhouse gas emissions. Actions speak louder than words. China continues to build coal power plants while Chinese President Xi Jinping says his country will stop adding to the global warming problem by 2060.

China, India miss UN deadline to update emissions targets
2060, huh? Wish we could put crap off that long….
According to our more corrupt “leaders”, we only have 11 years to live. Kinda makes 2060 rather unimportant, don’t you think?

/ Earth's Hottest Month #406  
Only 11 more years? I thought we already drowned in the rising oceans back in the 80s.

/ Earth's Hottest Month #409  
Climate change is crumbs compared to this:
China’s leader told the current President of the United States; “ China will own the United States by 2035.”
China, only weeks ago, threatened Japan with a nuclear 1st strike promising to destroy their entire country. US has 23 military bases in Japan. Makes me wonder how our climate might change after a massive thermo nuclear war?

/ Earth's Hottest Month #410  
I checked a map on the INTERNET... I'm gonna be beachfront in 400 years. Yep... I got that going for me... !

Not that long. George Strait has beachfront property in Arizona. From his front porch he can see the sea.

MoKelly

Status
Not open for further replies.