Earth's Hottest Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Earth's Hottest Month #2  
Yeah...those SST satellites they had 142 years ago weren't quite as accurate as the ones being used now to measure sea water temps etc...!

/ Earth's Hottest Month #3  
And statistics are always “honest”.
Riiiiight. :rolleyes:
Just like the CDCs were a few weeks ago.

/ Earth's Hottest Month #4  
I’m interested what the South Pole will reveal when the ice melts.
I’d also like to see our (almost) empty lake filled up again. ;)

/ Earth's Hottest Month #6  
I kinda think Earth was warmer a few million years ago when it was mostly festering volcanoes everywhere.
169 active volcanoes in the USA as we speak!

/ Earth's Hottest Month #7  
there are thousands of known and likely many more unknown volcanoes under the oceans...

/ Earth's Hottest Month #8  
142 years of records 😆

What makes some people almost narcissistic about this?
The Last Glacial Period (LGP) occurred from the end of the Eemian to the end of the Younger Dryas, encompassing the period c. 115,000 – c. 11,700 years ago. The LGP is part of a larger sequence of glacial and interglacial periods known as the Quaternary glaciation which started around 2,588,000 years ago and is ongoing.[

It's like trying to find out the earth's circumference by laying a 9 inch torpedo level repeatedly end to end around the equator. 🤪

/ Earth's Hottest Month #9  
I always wonder when the quote statistics and say the earth is so many degrees warmer than it was 500 years ago. How do they know that? They are estimating what it was then. There is another word for estimating, it’s called guessing.

I still remember a friend of mine giving a presentation in science class on how the earth was cooling off, this would have been the early 1970’s. When I looked that up a couple of years ago they said they didn’t know what they were talking about then, the scientist were wrong then.

Status
Not open for further replies.