New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine #11  
Some people just need stickers :D

Others need toolboxes, mirrors, lights, more lights, radio, cooling fan, did I mention lights?
20210718_142154.jpg

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine
Nice work i7win7, I definitely see more “exterior illumination“ in my future. I need (ok want) some for the rear of the tractor, probably another led bar, spot light would be cool too.
I could have used a fan like yours to cool me off while brush hogging last week, it was brutal. I had to stop and clean the radiator screen and front cover. Temp. Guage was creeping up on me.

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine #13  
Congrats on your new rig and nice job with the mod. Very impressive that you did it so soon after receiving your tractor. Enjoy! (y)

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine #14  
Great work on your new tractor. I also bought a 3901 just before Christmas last year. One of the attachments I bought was also a grapple. You will need to modify the levers on the quick connect to keep branches from unlocking the levers on the quick connect. I have destroyed two of the quick loaders because of branches raising up the locking arm and allowing that side of the grapple to disconnect while under load and backing up. My tractor is in the shop now to replace the QD for the second time. when it is repaired and returned to me I will fabricate a system to keep the loader arms in their place. I will try to have pics available to show what I have done to help prevent this problem from happening again. Hope this helps.

Thank you nytryder,
I would be very interested in pictures showing what you come up with. I haven’t owned a grapple, but have wanted one for a long time, so it will be a learning process for me.

Mike

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine #16  
The grapple is a very useful tool but comes with a very steep learning curve. As far as I know the only way to learn is to use it and get acquainted with your new equipment. Are you using the Kubota hyd for your grapple or the Land Pride? The Land Pride (I'm told) is the better system. It is what I have and has worked flawlessly. I would strongly advise adding ballast to the rear tires. I live in Florida so plain water works fine. Farther north water can freeze and cause problems as well. Read the manual and pay close attention to what it says. Watch as much youtube as you can stand and be a regular reader/participant here too. Folks on here are very knowledgeable and always helpful. I see you are from Indiana. I was born I fort Wayne and grew up just north of Laotto and south of Kendalville on old Rt 3 back in the middle 50's. A lot of plowing was done back then. I always loved the smell of fresh turned earth. The crops and all just had a wonderful smell and I miss it so. Even the barn yard wasn't all that bad. If you like give me a call. I'm retired now so most anytime is ok. Take care Jim 321-230-0233

Thank you for the insight Jim, once the grapple comes in if I have any questions I will contact you, I‘m blessed to be retired too, 6 years ago.
The Grapple and third function kit are all Land Pride.
My dealer loaded tires with fluid due to me ordering the front end loader (Standard for them, w/loader purchase I believe).
I’m replacing a Branson 3510 with the new Kubota, there is a significant difference while using the loader.
The loaded tires on the Kubota really isn’t enough weight when compared to the Branson. The Kubota just doesn’t have the weight I’m used to. I will probably be building a ballast/tool box for loader/grapple work.
I’m far south in Indiana, about 20 Min. North of Louisville Ky.

Mike

/ New owner L3901, Mods to make it mine #18  
True. I usually have the box blade or brush hag attached so most times I'm fine. That 3901 does feel a little light at times even with the extra weight.

A bit of CAD (cardboard aided design) today.Another filter guard.

B0A5D630-ADE8-48B4-84F4-49556B15F698.png80B0C98F-BF79-4279-951F-5DA2A44F33AB.jpeg