Tire Groover; borrow/rent/sell me one?

/ Tire Groover; borrow/rent/sell me one? #1  

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7305, Kioti CK3510seh TLB
Hey y'all,

I'd like to groove my R4 tires for winter traction. But I don't want to buy a $110 ideal tire groover kit to only use one time ever. Anyone want to let me borrow one? I'll pay shipping both ways, or come drive to you in Southeast/south-central Michigan.

Thanks!

/ Tire Groover; borrow/rent/sell me one? #2  
15 + shipping both ways, lmk

/ Tire Groover; borrow/rent/sell me one?
Sounds pretty fair. Will get back with ya soon. It's a pretty small package, right (for economical shipping)?

/ Tire Groover; borrow/rent/sell me one? #4  
Sounds pretty fair. Will get back with ya soon. It's a pretty small package, right (for economical shipping)?

prolly going to be a flat rate box out of usps, prolly about 8 bucks or so one way

/ Tire Groover; borrow/rent/sell me one? #5  
If you have a local dirt track stop by. Every dirt track racer has one.

They probably have a siper too.

/ Tire Groover; borrow/rent/sell me one?
Well I ended up buying my own because it just seemed easier, and $88 shipped wasn't too hard to swallow. I figured this way, I can take my time and do a few tire lugs here or there, do my buddies tractors or loan it to them, etc.

But on my first snow plowing this season, I was a bit alarmed how little traction I had on 3" of packed slush with my R4s.

It might get warm enough next week to actually try this project!

/ Tire Groover; borrow/rent/sell me one? #7  
You are going to like the results in r4 tires. I did my previous tractor front and rear, and the traction difference was notable. I was able to plow going uphill on my 500' driveway, where before I had to drive to the top and plow downhill. Sounds insignificant, but it's 2 extra runs (drive up, plow down and drive up, plow down). With 10-15 driveways that adds up!
I am now grooving the fronts on my current tractor, that does well with just the rears grooved. I was going to do a pattern that was posted here some time ago, but I'm just doing one groove down the center of each lug like I did on the rear.

/ Tire Groover; borrow/rent/sell me one? #8  
You will indeed be happy.

Attachments

• IMG_4697.JPG
    IMG_4697.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 144
   / Tire Groover; borrow/rent/sell me one? #9  
Very interesting! I’m tempted but I’m wondering if there’s any downsides. Any?

/ Tire Groover; borrow/rent/sell me one? #10  
Hey y'all,

I'd like to groove my R4 tires for winter traction. But I don't want to buy a $110 ideal tire groover kit to only use one time ever. Anyone want to let me borrow one? I'll pay shipping both ways, or come drive to you in Southeast/south-central Michigan.

Thanks!
I’m over in SW MI if you want to try mine. It does use up blades which cost around $25 for a package. Email me at pugota.Kubota@gmail.com if interested. Here’s my link at OTT when I grooved in September.

Does tire grooving really work?

Jeff