Buying a Branson

/ Buying a Branson #41  
A little back ground . My wife inherited 113 acres. The front 25 are rented out to the local Farmer. We have a cabin and two garages on the property . Last year we had to have 40 acres around the house logged off . This created a huge mess. The stumps just around the house numbered around 178 and we paid to have them ground and grass planted . The woods around the house is covered with the tops of trees and lots of brush . We had about 3 miles of trails weaving around the woods and all of them are gone or covered up . After adding up the money spent on the stumps and landscaping just around the house I decided time to do some of the work ourselves.

Time to buy a tractor ! I researched all winter and came up with three choices . Branson, Kioti , LS. There was no dealer that was close for the Kioti. The LS dealer seemed to not want to give me the time of day and when I ask for some help they gave me a kid about 17 that new nothing but how to look things up on his phone . Then when making a Sales call in a town 28 mile from the cabin I saw a Branson dealer. They treated me right and I now own a Branson.

Most of my research and advice from other people point to Larger heavier tractor is better... best loader cap. and good features with a easy to work on engine. Most advice from my friends that owned a tractor said good implements makes the tractor better.
The Branson covered all of the above . I stuck with the smaller motor because it has no Regen and its a basic motor with not big EMC to run things . Less to go wrong!

The only time I wished for more power was when the Scarifiers on the box blade where all the way down and the tractor won't pull it . This was just a learning experience. Don't put them all the way down . Don't drop your box blade all the way down . 4wd engaged and low gear . It pulls just fine .
I have the grapple and the third function on the stick . I have picked up whole brush piles and moved them and logs that weigh over 1000# . Makes life much easier.

People have told me it's the same motor in the 25hp ( 1.7 L ) that's in the 35HP and after the warranty if up you can increase the power. Not sure if I will ever do that but nice to know you can . Buy the Branson and enjoy Tractor Therapy:)

/ Buying a Branson #42  
A little back ground . My wife inherited 113 acres. The front 25 are rented out to the local Farmer. We have a cabin and two garages on the property . Last year we had to have 40 acres around the house logged off . This created a huge mess. The stumps just around the house numbered around 178 and we paid to have them ground and grass planted . The woods around the house is covered with the tops of trees and lots of brush . We had about 3 miles of trails weaving around the woods and all of them are gone or covered up . After adding up the money spent on the stumps and landscaping just around the house I decided time to do some of the work ourselves.

Time to buy a tractor ! I researched all winter and came up with three choices . Branson, Kioti , LS. There was no dealer that was close for the Kioti. The LS dealer seemed to not want to give me the time of day and when I ask for some help they gave me a kid about 17 that new nothing but how to look things up on his phone . Then when making a Sales call in a town 28 mile from the cabin I saw a Branson dealer. They treated me right and I now own a Branson.

Most of my research and advice from other people point to Larger heavier tractor is better... best loader cap. and good features with a easy to work on engine. Most advice from my friends that owned a tractor said good implements makes the tractor better.
The Branson covered all of the above . I stuck with the smaller motor because it has no Regen and its a basic motor with not big EMC to run things . Less to go wrong!

The only time I wished for more power was when the Scarifiers on the box blade where all the way down and the tractor won't pull it . This was just a learning experience. Don't put them all the way down . Don't drop your box blade all the way down . 4wd engaged and low gear . It pulls just fine .
I have the grapple and the third function on the stick . I have picked up whole brush piles and moved them and logs that weigh over 1000# . Makes life much easier.

People have told me it's the same motor in the 25hp ( 1.7 L ) that's in the 35HP and after the warranty if up you can increase the power. Not sure if I will ever do that but nice to know you can . Buy the Branson and enjoy Tractor Therapy:)
The Branson choice is a good one, especially with a dealer nearby.
Seems like over time, you may discover that a 25HP tractor is a bit undersized for maintaining a 113 acre property.

/ Buying a Branson #43  
The Branson choice is a good one, especially with a dealer nearby.
Seems like over time, you may discover that a 25HP tractor is a bit undersized for maintaining a 113 acre property.
I really get it but I'm not farming just work in the woods and trails . I'm going to skip the brush hog and go with a Flail mower. My trails are tight and twisty in some spots and I need the tractor to maneuver as tight as possible . If I ever run out of power I guess I could trade up :) Maybe 45 HP with a cab !

/ Buying a Branson #44  
Now you are talking only don't trade up, start there. :ROFLMAO:

/ Buying a Branson #45  
People have told me it's the same motor in the 25hp ( 1.7 L ) that's in the 35HP and after the warranty if up you can increase the power.

The 3725 I have, and 4225 also used a common engine, the A2000. I asked the dealer what the difference is and they said the fuel injectors but according to the parts lists it looks like it's the injector pump that has different part numbers. It could be as simple as adjusting the pump. Or there could be differences inside the pump. Either way it'd take a dyno and someone familiar with the Bosch VE pumps to modify it in a quantifiable way.

/ Buying a Branson #46  
I really get it but I'm not farming just work in the woods and trails . I'm going to skip the brush hog and go with a Flail mower. My trails are tight and twisty in some spots and I need the tractor to maneuver as tight as possible . If I ever run out of power I guess I could trade up :) Maybe 45 HP with a cab !
Probably not a cab for "work in the woods", but 45HP sounds just about right!

/ Buying a Branson #47  
   / Buying a Branson #48  
The 3725 I have, and 4225 also used a common engine, the A2000. I asked the dealer what the difference is and they said the fuel injectors but according to the parts lists it looks like it's the injector pump that has different part numbers. It could be as simple as adjusting the pump. Or there could be differences inside the pump. Either way it'd take a dyno and someone familiar with the Bosch VE pumps to modify it in a quantifiable way.
pumpguysc can very likely answer that question.

/ Buying a Branson #49  
DGZRT - Welcome to TBN. Glad you are here. Best wishes, Larry

/ Buying a Branson
So how much of a pain are these new DPF filters? I was watching a YouTube video that said if the light comes on you gotta take your machine to a dealer to get it “fixed”? I’ve never used one with a filter on it before so these are new to me.