Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning...

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #41  
   / Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #42  
"lead poisoning" might seem like a good idea to many of us, but 20 years in the clink for dispensing it, is one he11 of a price to pay for trying to save a trailer.

Very unlikely in both cases!
And that is exactly why these thieving scumbags get away with this crap.
If more places would allow stand your ground and more scum got what they deserve,
we would be a lot better off.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #43  
I'm surprised there's not easily affordable tracking devices on the market. Other than being pinged,take all the other capabilites of a cell phone away and how expensive would the device be? I have a similar opinion of tracking devices as I do about traffic violators. Tell me if I'm wrong. When people like stole this trailer are caught,more often than not they were responsible for many other thefts. Apperhending them early on would save 75% of crimes they would have done otherwise. Another benifit of early apperhension is fewer kids would have been recruited by the crook. The similarity to traffic violations involves unmarked police cars. I contend a small number of bad drivers give us the impression that half of people on the road drive like idiots. Unmarked police cars stopping violators would have them looking over their shoulder at every car around before passing on the shoulder or throwing a road rage tantrum.
At any rate,I hope Runner get's his trailer back in one piece and the perps spend time in jail. I would actully rather see the perps spend time on a rock pile but we know that won't happen.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #44  
Friend runs a storage facility and also a vehicle rental franchise.
He has cameras everywhere and lots of lighting.
Hoodies and Covid masks make identification difficult.
Thieves take catalytic convertors every few months, last time they cleaned out a locker, stole his nice trailer and smashed his powered gate in the process.
With battery powered tools convertors are an easy grab.
So far this year some 16 or so client's converters were taken.
Getting so bad he now refuses RV parking that invites theft.
LEO's actually refused to write up a report on the convertor thefts. They claim that it is a commercial incident and not in their mandate.
One parking client is attempting a lawsuit over the convertor theft claiming his RV was 'in the care and custody'.
(Diesel truck convertors carry a healthy price tag.)
OK, he has insurances but can't claim as he fears they will refuse renewal so has to eat some losses. That smashed powered gate alone is $3-4000.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #45  
So far this year some 16 or so client's converters were taken.
Getting so bad he now refuses RV parking that invites theft.
LEO's actually refused to write up a report on the convertor thefts. They claim that it is a commercial incident and not in their mandate.
By contrast,here's an instance where LEOs were willing to waste their time and mine on behalf of an obivous con game. A man looked at a trailer I had for sale and seemed ready to buy until I told him I could sell it with bill of sale as home made for $50 less than with title with brand name and serial#. His antenna realy went up and started asking why to which I answered that it wasn't in my name and would cost $50 to title in my name in addition to what he paid to transfer to his name. He left and I didn't give it any thought,,,,,until an officer with a nearby city called me. The guy was claiming the trailer was his and had been stolen. The officer said i could save everyone trouble if I alowed the guy to take the trailer and go. I told the officer he needed to start an investigation because I thought the guy was lying. The officer asked if I was unwilling to cooperate which in it's self is a felony to which I said i was more than willing to cooperate with an investigation but wasn't about to give the guy my trailer without one. I asked the officer what evidence the guy had establishing him as the owner,to which he said the guy had the serial # which matched my trailer. "Well yea,he just took the #s off my trailer 30 minutes ago!" The officer continued to nibble around the edge and intiminate me into turning the trailer over or face possible chargers including recieving stolen property. I asked the officer when he wanted to meet at my place with a warrant? This went on another 15 minutes until I said I'm through until I see some paperwork supporting the guy's story. That was over a year ago and I haven't heard another peep. Did I mention the guy belonged to a group which had been taking law inforcement to the wood shed over mistreating them? The lesson is you can't fight city hall but with enough menacing and backing of influential people you can have them join your cause.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #46  
By contrast,here's an instance where LEOs were willing to waste their time and mine on behalf of an obivous con game. A man looked at a trailer I had for sale and seemed ready to buy until I told him I could sell it with bill of sale as home made for $50 less than with title with brand name and serial#. His antenna realy went up and started asking why to which I answered that it wasn't in my name and would cost $50 to title in my name in addition to what he paid to transfer to his name. He left and I didn't give it any thought,,,,,until an officer with a nearby city called me. The guy was claiming the trailer was his and had been stolen. The officer said i could save everyone trouble if I alowed the guy to take the trailer and go. I told the officer he needed to start an investigation because I thought the guy was lying. The officer asked if I was unwilling to cooperate which in it's self is a felony to which I said i was more than willing to cooperate with an investigation but wasn't about to give the guy my trailer without one. I asked the officer what evidence the guy had establishing him as the owner,to which he said the guy had the serial # which matched my trailer. "Well yea,he just took the #s off my trailer 30 minutes ago!" The officer continued to nibble around the edge and intiminate me into turning the trailer over or face possible chargers including recieving stolen property. I asked the officer when he wanted to meet at my place with a warrant? This went on another 15 minutes until I said I'm through until I see some paperwork supporting the guy's story. That was over a year ago and I haven't heard another peep. Did I mention the guy belonged to a group which had been taking law inforcement to the wood shed over mistreating them? The lesson is you can't fight city hall but with enough menacing and backing of influential people you can have them join your cause.
Today's world is infested with maggots!

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #47  
As for the "officer" who called, I'd love to know if he was a real one or just part of the grab gang. If he was legit you'd have heard from him within a week.

Stand your ground might work ok but IMO if the 'guard on duty' just had a flashlight he might could run 'em off sans a ballistic reaction. Hidden serial numbers ought to help but the stolen item has to be found or suspected to be inspected. As for stripping and abandoning would they just want the wheels and the wood?

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #48  
Today's world is infested with maggots!
There have been maggots as far back as history was recorded. Difference is their numbers were kept in check by lopping heads off or hanging those that got out of hand.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #49  
"lead poisoning" might seem like a good idea to many of us, but 20 years in the clink for dispensing it, is one he11 of a price to pay for trying to save a trailer.
I agree that seems harsh,neutering is more apporoprate.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #50