Nortrac For Sale - Seems like a great deal

/ Nortrac For Sale - Seems like a great deal #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
I don't know anything about it, just saw it on FB. Seems like a pretty neat machine, dozer AND 3pt PTO! Looks like a good deal if you can fix it.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 8.16.19 AM.png

/ Nortrac For Sale - Seems like a great deal
Key word: IF FIX!!!

/ Nortrac For Sale - Seems like a great deal #4  
   / Nortrac For Sale - Seems like a great deal #5  

/ Nortrac For Sale - Seems like a great deal #6  
Come-along holding up the 3PH, top link anchor looks to be broken, PTO shield mauled, inspection cover missing from transmission/HST case. "For parts" might be a fair deal. I'd want to ask more about what's left of it.

/ Nortrac For Sale - Seems like a great deal #7  
* Keep in mind the previous owner gave up in frustration, or it wouldn't be so cheap.

* The cleats look near new. He didn't get much use out of it before it quit being usable.

* Bob Rook had one (or similar) several years ago and got some good use out of it but I think he had to make parts on his own to keep it functional. Post questions in the Chinese Tractors forum for user advice on this. Yuchai (sp) sells this dozer under many brand names.

A couple of links I found:

Reviews: NorTrac dozer - Reviews, Photos, Prices, Specs - TractorByNet.com

re price: Looks like about $5~7k would buy one in running condition. With suspiciously low hours - how long does one run before the owner gets rid of it?

Maybe this one is best left for someone who needs parts!

Last edited:
   / Nortrac For Sale - Seems like a great deal
Oh, I was never interested in buying it. Just posting it up for anyone else who could be interested.
You all make valid points. You don't often see a machine like that for sale for so cheap, I guess there was a good reason for it.

/ Nortrac For Sale - Seems like a great deal #9  
Those things are junky when brand new, can't imagine used!

/ Nortrac For Sale - Seems like a great deal #10  
Those things are junky when brand new, can't imagine used!
Yeah. A former importer of 20~30 year old Yanmars (used from Japan, not VN refurbs) said he added selling brand new Jinmas then discovered they needed more work to get set up properly, then caused far more warranty re-work, compared to his Yanmars that mostly needed nothing more than cosmetic detailing and a 500-hour service (fluids, filters, brake & clutch pedal adjustment etc) to bring top dollar.

The Yanmars were simply mid-career, while the Jinmas sometimes needed the final stage of manufacture such as a new hour meter, and everything end to end aligned, tightened, lubricated before they were salable as a new tractor. He quit selling them when he realized he was swamped with setup then warranty work.

I think those MachineryTrader links I posted tell the story. Only a couple of the Nortracs have some hours on them. I wonder why the rest of them don't.