RX6620 hydraulic oil question

/ RX6620 hydraulic oil question #1  

Sean2202

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L305DT
Purchased a Kioti RX6620 at my work this year. The selling dealer also sells Mahindra tractors. The dealer is about 1 hour away from me. Trying to stick with factory fluids for warranty periods. When I ordered hydraulic fluid they gave me a 5 gallon pail of Mahindra Universal Hydraulic fluid. I know that is not enough for the system but wanted to have some on hand. Will this fluid be OK to use when its time to change the fluid? What is another fluid that I could possibly use from Napa after warranty period is over?

Thanks
Sean

/ RX6620 hydraulic oil question #2  
Well you need to look in your tractor manual and determine what the hydraulic Oil requirements are. Then you check the pail of Oil that you have against those specs. After that, check Napa online and see what they have that suits those same specs. How easy is that?

/ RX6620 hydraulic oil question
Well you need to look in your tractor manual and determine what the hydraulic Oil requirements are. Then you check the pail of Oil that you have against those specs. After that, check Napa online and see what they have that suits those same specs. How easy is that?
Manual states for RX6620

DAEDONG UTF55
EXXON Mobilfluid 424
BP: Tractran UTH
EXXONmobil Hydraulic560
Shell: Donax TD

Upon my research BEFORE asking I have seen Valvoline VV813 also can work and NAPA 85-405 Universal trans/ Hydro ( I believe this is 10w-30 rated). I just want to make sure this is correct. Also I wanted to see what others might be using after the warranty period. This tractor was purchased brand new.

During the warranty period I would like to stick with factory fluids and not sure why the selling dealer would sell me Mahindra hydro Oil? They stated that was what they had and used. Does it make a difference as long as the specs line up? I do not want any long term problems.

Thank you again for your reply.

Last edited:
   / RX6620 hydraulic oil question #4  
Just keep the receipt from the dealer, and if you ever need warranty work, they sold it to you. I’d bet the manhindra fluid will be fine. Almost any UTTO should be good. My dealer uses some off brand from costco….

/ RX6620 hydraulic oil question #5  
Manual states for RX6620

DAEDONG UTF55
EXXON Mobilfluid 424
BP: Tractran UTH
EXXONmobil Hydraulic560
Shell: Donax TD

Upon my research BEFORE asking I have seen Valvoline VV813 also can work and NAPA 85-405 Universal trans/ Hydro ( I believe this is 10w-30 rated). I just want to make sure this is correct. Also I wanted to see what others might be using after the warranty period. This tractor was purchased brand new.

During the warranty period I would like to stick with factory fluids and not sure why the selling dealer would sell me Mahindra hydro Oil? They stated that was what they had and used. Does it make a difference as long as the specs line up? I do not want any long term problems.

Thank you again for your reply.

I used EXXON Mobilfluid 424 for first change and will continue to use it as it is on Kioti recommended list plus is available many places. Watch for it to go on sale. I found it at Family Farm and Home last time for IIRC 39.99 USD for 5 gallon pails.

/ RX6620 hydraulic oil question #6  
If you are worried, keep the stuff they sold you for later, or use it elsewhere, and pick up some Mobil 424 for the Kioti.

/ RX6620 hydraulic oil question
Thanks for the replies. I found a local supplier Brenntag lubricants in East Hartford CT which sells Mobil products. Setting an account up through my work now.

The best part is that the Mobil 424 fluid is at $76 for a 5 gallon pail and the Napa 85-405 is now $96 for a 5 gallon pail up from $64 2 years ago.

The tractor selling dealer also supplied me with Mahindra engine oil and 90w gear oil for my Kioti. Does Kioti not have there own branded oil?

I will use the Mahindra hydraulic oil for the Mahindra tractor that we have on the farm.

/ RX6620 hydraulic oil question #8  
Does Kioti not have there own branded oil?
That would be the Daedong UTF55, which is apparently scarce enough most just use the Mobil 424.

/ RX6620 hydraulic oil question #10  
I always use TRAVELLER Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid. $30 for 5 gallons.

If you see what most dealers will put in your tractor you will stop paying $$$ for fluids.

BTW, my dealer told me Kioti has no problems with customers using non Kioti recommended fluids and filters as long as they are good quality products. They also have no problems with customers performing their own maintenance.

Last edited: