Truck bed extender legality

/ Truck bed extender legality #31  
Simple. Federal DOT regs state any item that extends over 4 feet past the main body of a truck or trailer must be flagged with at least a 12 x 12 red flag and for night running there must be red warning lights attached to the end of the hauled piece and pieces.

With the new weenie trucks with 4 foot useless beds, an 8 foot piece must be flagged

/ Truck bed extender legality #32  
put a flag on it, and don't worry about it.
Honest answer. Your honest answer is what most of us are thinking about the situation. Short, sweet, to the point and accurate.

/ Truck bed extender legality #33  
Stumbled on this panty twist thread. Headed to HF to buy extender for my weenie 4" truck.

I'm not offended. I just throw a tire or a board & concrete block over the boards up near the headache rack. I bungee the end sticking out.

No matter what I've had hanging off the truck or trailer, nobody bothered me with a red flag or red rag tied on the end.

Lunch break over...back to plumbing.

/ Truck bed extender legality
Honest answer. Your honest answer is what most of us are thinking about the situation. Short, sweet, to the point and accurate.
So if someone wanted to know what the CDL laws were because they wanted to buy a new trailer and wanted to stay under CDL, would you tell them to just get a CDL and forget it?

Or if someone wanted to know how big they needed for floor joists for a deck with a 8' span on 16" centers, would you tell them to just get 2x12's and not worry about it?

OR if someone was building a garage and wanted to know the minimum wall height for a 8' door, would you tell them to just build it with 16' ceilings and forget it?

I asked a specific question as to what was required to AVOID needing a red flag. I honestly wasnt expecting such a useless reply as "just use a flag and dont worry about it". Again....if that was my intent, I would not have bothered with the post.

This is exactly why TBN is becoming more and more like other forms of social media, and why I stepped away for quite awhile and dont frequent it much anymore until recently. ITs becoming more and more about who can cause the most drama, and pointless comments to inflate post count rather than genuinely trying to help people out. Maybe I made a mistake coming back and should just forget TBN exists

/ Truck bed extender legality #35  
Stumbled on this panty twist thread. Headed to HF to buy extender for my weenie 4" truck.

I'm not offended. I just throw a tire or a board & concrete block over the boards up near the headache rack. I bungee the end sticking out.

No matter what I've had hanging off the truck or trailer, nobody bothered me with a red flag or red rag tied on the end.

Lunch break over...back to plumbing.
Wow, I remember when I was 5 years old I had a 4 inch truck too.

/ Truck bed extender legality #37  
I never said he was wrong. I simply said his reply was useless, which it was.

And First, my truck IS a commercial truck with a 9.5' flatbed. Second, this is a recreational festival, so I doubt it would even classify as ag related, and nothing else I do is ag related as I am not a farmer. But we all know what they say about assumptions...

As to wind damage.....I usually wrap the tops with some seran wrap and tape.

And finally, I am not "super worried" about it. I can simply hook to the trailer like I have done every year in the past. I just figured I ask what the requirements were for flag/no flag to see if it was a viable option to make something without dragging the trailer. I got my answer.....4' behind the truck (y)
While Bill's reply was useless, to you- it would work quite okay for most other people. We did not know what your plan was. Interesting competitions though. Scary to leave such a large thistle alive :)

/ Truck bed extender legality #38  
Maybe I made a mistake coming back and should just forget TBN exists

I hope you don't leave. Your positive contributions and common sense are appreciated over here.

James

/ Truck bed extender legality #39  
Well, there was that unfortunate spotting incident with my Bambi some years ago... :)

/ Truck bed extender legality
I hope you don't leave. Your positive contributions and common sense are appreciated over here.

James
It gets harder and harder to want to contribute. Social media has ruined so many. It seems its just a game and words have no consequences...lets see who can be the most offensive.....and if you take offense to what someone says then you are just a "snowflake". ITs sickening. Too many keyboard warriors and free speech blah blah blah. They dont treat posts like a face to face conversation with another human being because they can hide behind a keyboard and screen.

This post is proof of that. And I still cannot believe the number of people defending the useless comment and trying to justify it by saying they didnt know what my plan was. Like does it even matter? I asked a simple question as to what was required to AVOID a red flag. Regardless of my intent, How is simply say to use a flag and not worry about it useful to ANYONE?

Just tired of the usless BS that goes along with commenting here anymore really. How many other people that used to be very active here and highly knowledgeable have slipped by the wayside for the same reasons. Just a bunch of ungrateful and argumentative people run the good folks off. The forum as a whole is loosing good content in lieu of BS useless filler and its sad to see.