TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,461  
I do not hunt either. I have a range and shooting lane off my back porch and it is also one of my food plots. If I get cold/bored sitting on the porch, I walk into the house for a coffee. A couple of times the deer show up at the corner where the shooting lane intersects a lane to my main food plot 90* off the range. That is a 135 yard distance and even if I am in the house, I can walk out the doorwall to the porch and they will not move. Pretty easy shot.

I am an honorary (no charge) member at the hunt club next to my east fence line. I watch the place for them, help them with projects, and help put in food plots (they have 16 on about 250 acres). I have permission to hunt there after opening week. But I do not call shooting deer over a food plot hunting. The hunt club has blinds that cost $2-3k, and Mr buddy heaters.

They have pushed me into getting into bow hunting. In fact the guy who owns the place offered to buy me a very nice crossbow so I could bow hunt with them. But I have no interest in it. They are great guys and I enjoy their company so that is enough for me. With just the two of us, two deer a year is plenty of venison anyway.
Just two of us too, 2 maybe 3 deer is all I take a year as well, I'm sure SC deer are a lot smaller than MI deer though. I took a large bodied deer last year, all of 160 pounds.. took him at 300 yards though.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,462  
My guns are there to shoot anyone who tries to shoot our deer and turkeys!
I understand your point and I totally respect your property rights, but I sincerely hope you are joking.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,463  
He's joking, but the sentiment is there. Pretty sure he means violators but I've never hunted with him. 😁

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,464  
I understand your point and I totally respect your property rights, but I sincerely hope you are joking.
I pretty much agree with him... kinda..

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,465  
Had an RMR fail yesterday. I'm pretty much completely against RDS for EDC now. I love to shoot them and I can clean house at matches with them but they have their faults.

Trijicon was spot on though, filled out their repair request form online and within about two hours I had all the documents to ship it in for repair. I hope they can fix it, this particular one is sentimental to me.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,466  
Had an RMR fail yesterday. I'm pretty much completely against RDS for EDC now. I love to shoot them and I can clean house at matches with them but they have their faults.

Trijicon was spot on though, filled out their repair request form online and within about two hours I had all the documents to ship it in for repair. I hope they can fix it, this particular one is sentimental to me.
I think your post needs a few more mystery abbreviations inserted in there. Someone may almost be able to understand what you're saying.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,467  
I think your post needs a few more mystery abbreviations inserted in there. Someone may almost be able to understand what you're saying.
RMR is a type of red dot sight (RDS) some people like on their every day carry (EDC) pistols or for competition. Much faster to shoot than traditional sights and can be used when the shooters eye is not fully in line with the axis of the bore.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,468  
Don't most red dots still have iron sites visible even if the dot is damaged. Im sure it still is in the way, and site view isn't as good. I personally have never shot a pistol with red dot, so I'm talking out of my butt based on pictures, videos, ect. I have considered getting one, because I'm a terrible pistol shoot, but haven't made the move yet.

Speaking of pistols, if you've never watched "Buffalo Outdoors" 'A man has to know his limits' its insane what he can do at 80-110 yards with pistols, and no special sites.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,469  
Apparently never read the book "Alas Babylon"...as that was a quote from the book written by Pat Frank. However, I can tell you, anyone shooting anything on this property will have me with a phone to the police in one hand and a gun in the other, because whoever is hunting on my property is probably crazy anyway. The deer and turkeys are fed right outside the front office window by my Wife, and She would be the one anybody shooting her "Pets" would need to watch out for!! We have people turning around on this dead end street that stop and look, but none have ever pulled out a gun!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,470