Massey 50 PTO

/ Massey 50 PTO #1  

Johnret

Tractor
Kubota MX5100 w/Loader, Kubota B7500, John Deere F935
I Have a MF50 split to install a new clutch (dual). The reason for the split is the PTO fiction plate was completely burn out and shredded. With the tractor split should I be able to turn the PTO shaft by hand? I don't want to put it together again just to burn out another plate.

/ Massey 50 PTO #2  
I Have a MF50 split to install a new clutch (dual). The reason for the split is the PTO fiction plate was completely burn out and shredded. With the tractor split should I be able to turn the PTO shaft by hand? I don't want to put it together again just to burn out another plate.
I do not see why not ! The only time I split my 50 was to put in a shift fork , There are 2 good videos out 1 is from Steiner Tractor They do either 35 or a 135 with a 2 speed H&L 6 forward 2 reverse & there is one from a guy down in Australia & he's working on a Fergie. What year is your 50 & does it have the MHF stamping on the exterior of the axle? & even though the video from Steiner is a different model the transmission is pretty much the same, I do have a manual for my 50 & I can look it up for You ! but I will have to get back with You latter in the day if that's okay? & I guess You already drained the gear oil out ? If You did you did you need to replace with a mineral gear oil only I know NAPA sells it & I'll get back with You on that also & not that it matters is the 50 gasoline or diesel ? I'll get back with You & I'm looking forward to your reply
IMG_20201203_160905.jpg

Last edited:
   / Massey 50 PTO #4  
Have You had the chance to work on your M-F 50 yet ?

/ Massey 50 PTO
Sorry for the late reply, health issues. Yes I have gotten the MF50 all fixed now.
Installed new clutch kit and the tractor is back together, Runs great, thanks for the reply and again sorry for the late reply.

/ Massey 50 PTO #6  
Sorry for the late reply, health issues. Yes I have gotten the MF50 all fixed now.
Installed new clutch kit and the tractor is back together, Runs great, thanks for the reply and again sorry for the late reply.
Hey Johnret ! That's good news all around on your health & the M-F 50 I hope both of you stay healthy & I like to see a picture of your M-F 50 & whether it's a gasoline or diesel. & again glad all is well (y).

/ Massey 50 PTO
Hey Johnret ! That's good news all around on your health & the M-F 50 I hope both of you stay healthy & I like to see a picture of your M-F 50 & whether it's a gasoline or diesel. & again glad all is well (y).
Been off line for quite sometime, unable to reply. Back on-line. Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the MF50 which I was working on belong to a friend of mine and he took it back to it's home before I got a chance to snap any photos. On a positive note, he took the Massey 50 to the county fair, apparently it impressed some folks now I have people wanting me to fix their tractors..:)

/ Massey 50 PTO #8  
Been off line for quite sometime, unable to reply. Back on-line. Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the MF50 which I was working on belong to a friend of mine and he took it back to it's home before I got a chance to snap any photos. On a positive note, he took the Massey 50 to the county fair, apparently it impressed some folks now I have people wanting me to fix their tractors..:)
Hey that's good to hear! & I'm glad your system is back up , That must be a real nice M-F 50 to take it to the county fair :cool:! & I guess that's a good thing if You like working on tractors:unsure:, & thanks for the reply.