Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,381  
When we took it the rails on the deck were still there.
yup

i remember as a kid. we had just moved across the lake to milwaukee wisconsin but the parents would down load us to grand parents once a summer. freeways not built yet.

could it have been called the clipper? cars and people. hard to believe a 6 year old and 7 year old allowed to make that trip unaccompanied, many times.

seems like it went from milw to Benton Harbor MI, the ones having lead in their water problems. I'm sure i drank some of their water.

Seeing as i was born and spent my early years in Flint, and many visits to benton harbor........i could have lead poisoning

.someone should send me a check.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,383  
I can't find any historical references to ferry service between Milwaukee and Benton Harbor, or ST. Joseph, MI. (the two cities are right next to each other).

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,388  
SS Badger is in Manitowoc to Ludington the sister ship Spartan is in Ludington which they use for parts, I've been told, Lake express is A higher speed fair weather cat running Milwaukee to Muskegon, rode both. Also watched them load huge windmill towers and blades in the badger about 10 years ago for transport across the lake, pretty cool watching that.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,390  
It's in Muskegon.
Correct thanks, mighty have to see that one I was thinking of the older SS city of Milwaukee in Manistee.