New from Texas, and new/used Branson 3520 owner

/ New from Texas, and new/used Branson 3520 owner #1  

GalvestonWader

Tractor
Branson 3520 Kubota 7060
Hey y'all I'm a new member from Texas. I found this site doing research on tractors and it seems like a great source of information. We currently have a 2008 Kubota 7060 at our ranch that has been a good tractor. However, I just committed to buy a used 2017 Branson 3520R for my personal residence which is 8 acres. It's got under 300 hours and in really good shape. Comes with FEL, brush hog, disc, box blade, post hole digger and 75 gallon sprayer. I wont be shredding much with it, but there is some dirt work to be done and tons of trees that need to be cut up. I intend on getting a grapple to help with moving logs and brush.

I've been keeping my eye out for the right tractor for about a year now so when this popped up I knew it was a good deal. I don't have possession of it yet but should in about a week. Is there anything I should know about this model, or anything that needs attention? Any tips or tricks about this model y'all could tell me would be great. Also, can anyone recommend a specific grapple that works well with this size tractor?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

/ New from Texas, and new/used Branson 3520 owner #2  
Yes a few things, the DPF or diesel particulate filter( emissions filter) does not have a manual regen setting, this filter style works very much like a catalytic convertor on an automotive vehicle, it uses the heat from the exhaust to keep itself clean, so when your running it and putting it under load you will need to keep the RPM's in the green zone on the tach or else risk a plugged filter, now that being said a 1/4" drill bit solves this filter issue very readily, an lol smiley face or a circle pattern will do to keep it flowing inside. Drill it out and forget about it( this will keep the dash light on while you are operating the tractor but you wont have to worry about it)

your grease zerks on the FEL some of this on this year model have a habit of not accepting grease very well and may need to be replaced( the zerks are metric),

keep an eye on how hard you shift you range shifter as it is not synchronized you will have to stop to change ranges if you cant get it to go in smoothly let the tractor roll a bit to line the gears up and it will shift easily, if you force it you'll break the roll pin holding the shifter arm to the fork linkage and if that breaks ur stuck in whatever range you were in.

DO NOT operate the tractor under load in C range this is a travel range only on this model and you will damage the trans if u do work it in this range.

the emergency brake on this year likes to stick sometimes, if this happens drive forward as fast as you can and as hard as you can slam on the brake pedal this jarring motion should free them up.( not the prettiest solution but it works)

You can find crossover filters for the engine, however you will not find them for the trans as these filters are made by Branson for Branson equipment, some people will tell you they have found one that works ignore them they are risking their equipment to save a buck, the branson trans filters have a check valve in them that if its not present can damage your hydraulic system and cause premature pump failures.

i think this about covers the absolute need to knows, for this year and model if i think of anything else over the weekend I'll update this post Monday when i get back to the office, enjoy your weekend and enjoy your new Branson

/ New from Texas, and new/used Branson 3520 owner #3  
Welcome to TBN Wader.

There's iron and steel in Asteral's words. He's been a ton of help to us Branson owners.

IF (and I mean if) your DPF gives you problems, you can do as Asteral says, take it apart and drill out the inner filter. You can also completely remove it and put on a muffler instead.

Exhaust Mod on my 3725

But you may not ever have any issues with it.

Oh and post pictures when you get it home. We like tractor pics.

/ New from Texas, and new/used Branson 3520 owner #4  
Welcome to TBN and congratulations on a nice tractor. Agree with the above and definitely don't forget the pictures.

/ New from Texas, and new/used Branson 3520 owner #5  
3032514546.gif

and enjoy the forum!

/ New from Texas, and new/used Branson 3520 owner
Thanks for the replies! I'm supposed to get the tractor home this Friday and will post some pics.

/ New from Texas, and new/used Branson 3520 owner #7  
Welcome to TBN and tractor ownership!

/ New from Texas, and new/used Branson 3520 owner
Here's a couple pics. Tractor is in great shape. I've done some shredding with it and like everything so far. I also added some hooks and a new cutting edge on the bucket.

The previous owner is supposed to be sending me the manual. He said he last had it serviced at 150 hrs. It's sitting at 298 hrs right now. can y'all tell me the service intervals for fluid changes ect ect?
tractor.jpg
tractor2.jpg

/ New from Texas, and new/used Branson 3520 owner #9  
Looks like a nice tractor. I am sure you will be happy with it. I'd suggest you practice learning how to remove the FEL (not just the bucket but the whole thing). Mowing is so much better without the extra length, plus the ride is smoother. It is a few minute job to take off and to reinstall once you get the hang of it, but kind of a pain until you figure it out. I will bet that sun bonnet comes in handy in Texas!

/ New from Texas, and new/used Branson 3520 owner #10  
For service intervals check the shop manuals thread for a shop manual.