Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
i usually don't tappy tappy during the day but

just saw that jd is on strike.

good luck getting service parts!

/ john deere on strike #4  
I see that the jobs are "skilled and tedious". Many jobs like that are best done by robots.
Tractor factories are probably less robotic than car factories because of the size of the equipment, the great variety in configurations and lower number of units. It's just a matter of time though.

/ john deere on strike #5  
I just hope that all parties get an agreement that they feel is acceptable. Deere stuff costs more but it literally pays for my neighbors income. I hope them well.

/ john deere on strike #6  
....Deere stuff costs more but it literally pays for my neighbors income......

This is what I said when I used to sell Milwaukee tools and was offering the last of the 'made in usa' ones. It was expensive of course. One guy sent me a note saying it was overpriced and I told him it was made in the USA. He responded with something like, 'Well, bottom line is I got mine much cheaper.' I wanted to respond back saying, "No. Bottom line is some of your fellow countrymen are now out of work." But I never did.

/ john deere on strike #7  
This is what I said when I used to sell Milwaukee tools and was offering the last of the 'made in usa' ones. It was expensive of course. One guy sent me a note saying it was overpriced and I told him it was made in the USA. He responded with something like, 'Well, bottom line is I got mine much cheaper.' I wanted to respond back saying, "No. Bottom line is some of your fellow countrymen are now out of work." But I never did.
These are the ones that whine the loudest when their job goes south (or far east). As far as robotics go, many of the low skill jobs are replaced with high skilled, good paying jobs that keep those robots humming.

/ john deere on strike #8  
They key thing that struck me was "tedious" in the union statement. The skilled and intelligent workers I managed did not like doing tedious work. A high wage makes it bearable but it is not enjoyable. The sad part is many tedious jobs are normally easily automated. I saw a lot of good paying jobs lost as we implemented manpower reduction projects.

/ john deere on strike #9  
The timing to do a strike could not be worse. Perception is 9/10 of reality.

What a time to be alive...