what to do with a pile of asphalt

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #21  
IMHO

I'd suggest you to "man-up" and pay now to get rid of it. That contractor you know should know of a way/place to have it recycled. The same place where the chewed up road surface stuff goes to get re-used. Once it's gone, you (and/or) your estate will not ever have to worry about it again...

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #22  
I was thinking you could be the cool dad and let local kids jump their dirt bikes off of it. I be your insurance guy would love that.
I've known two good kids who liked to jump their dirt bikes over mounds. One's now quadriplegic and the other dead. Both tragedies were the result of crashing while jumping.

Last edited:
   / what to do with a pile of asphalt #23  
I've known two good kids who liked to jump their dirt bikes over dirt mounds. One's now quadriplegic and the other dead. Both tragedies were the result of crashing while jumping.
I knew a kid who loved to drive cars, he got in a wreck and died. Another kid I knew loved to swim, he drowned in a lake... I could go on...

Both tragedies were the result of them doing what they loved to do...

SR

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #24  
Cover it back up and plant some flowers, ground cover like Periwinkle, and perhaps a structural feature like wishing well or Windmill.

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #25  
I think SR has given you a clue as to why the prior owner covered it with earth. Lot's of good suggestions here but turning broken eggs into an omelet, I'd look for a contractor who wants to buy it.

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #26  
Millings aren't the same as a pile of once fresh material dumped and left to become one with itself.

Cougs, is this in a place you need? Can you just leave it? Bury it as suggested? Yard Art?

Is it someplace a contractor could get to if one was willing to reclaim and recycle it?

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #27  
Millings aren't the same as a pile of once fresh material dumped and left to become one with itself.

Cougs, is this in a place you need? Can you just leave it? Bury it as suggested? Yard Art?

Is it someplace a contractor could get to if one was willing to reclaim and recycle it?
I agree that an asphalt recycler may have the equipment to recover and recycle it. Worth a call at least.

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #28  
Talk to some of your local folks, (realtor that you used to buy the property) you may have recourse against the previous property owner if the pile of now cold uncovered asphalt was not disclosed. You can also learn from them what are your options as far as burying on your property.

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #29  
throw some crude oil on it..set it on fire...it will burn out the tar..leaving the gravel...

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #30  
Good lord that is a horrible suggestion, ed. An ecological and legal disaster, and ineffective solution all in one. LOL