Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,781  
I worked with the neighbor a couple of weeks ago to help him split his wood. It was a little warm at that time. It took 2 secessions to complete.
That makes you a pretty good neighbor to have in my book !! You guys worked up a pretty good charge of wood.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,782  
I'm waiting to hear if they really will build mine this time... they've changed the date 3 times since March. If they put it off again I may need to reconsider how badly I want that brand... I have logs on the landing which need to be sawn whether I do it myself or pay the guy down the road.
Do they tell you why they keep pushing the date out ?

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,783  
I'm waiting to hear if they really will build mine this time... they've changed the date 3 times since March. If they put it off again I may need to reconsider how badly I want that brand... I have logs on the landing which need to be sawn whether I do it myself or pay the guy down the road.
What saw did you order?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,784  
Anyone got an opinion on 50/50 used engine oil and diesel as a wood preservative?
TONS of vids on it.
If you've used it, does it ever dry completely?

Seems to me, and admittedly I don't know the whole story, the guy who is letting me cut all the red pine I want
thinks it's useless wood. And I think that is because his father used it for fence posts and soaked it with either
engine oil, or diesel, but not a mixture, and it turned to sponge in 6 mths. (Therefore red pine must be no good for anything, right? )

Hunt4570, you gave me a suggestion for woodlife copper but that's not available here. There are other "copper" products, but haven't seen
any more than a gallon container, and it's not the brand you used and liked.

If the friggin' rain ever stops I can get back at cutting. I'm out of work now and have the time to push my landscape timber production so
I can get done (hopefully) before the snow flies so I'm trying to get set up for all the other stuff I'll need to finish the job.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,785  
Do they tell you why they keep pushing the date out ?

gg

What saw did you order?
I ordered the Woodmizer LX25 in March. At that time they told me they had an 18 week backlog, which would bring it into July. When that time had passed I was told it would be built on August 12. On August 15 I contacted the dealer I ordered it through and they said that it was going to be built on October 21... and they are "waiting on water bottles and mufflers from their suppliers".

I suspect the real truth is that they are concentrating on larger orders; based on what I have read about others who ordered after me but have received their mills sooner than expected. I can even understand that; but if they don't want my business they should say so and return the $500 deposit I sent them 7 months ago.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,786  
Anyone got an opinion on 50/50 used engine oil and diesel as a wood preservative?
TONS of vids on it.

the guy who is letting me cut all the red pine I want
thinks it's useless wood.
And he's right...

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,787  
And he's right...

SR
TONS of vids on it.

Seems to me, and admittedly I don't know the whole story, the guy who is letting me cut all the red pine I want
thinks it's useless wood. And I think that is because his father used it for fence posts and soaked it with either
engine oil, or diesel, but not a mixture, and it turned to sponge in 6 mths. (Therefore red pine must be no good for anything, right? )

Hunt4570, you gave me a suggestion for woodlife copper but that's not available here. There are other "copper" products, but haven't seen

If the friggin' rain ever stops I can get back at cutting. I'm out of work now and have the time to push my landscape timber production so
I can get done (hopefully) before the snow flies so I'm trying to get set up for all the other stuff I'll need to finish the job.
Around here they sell red pine for power poles and it brings big prices

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,788  
Around here they sell red pine for power poles and it brings big prices
They have to be pretty good sized though, and are only allowed a certain amount of taper.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,789  
TONS of vids on it.
I have no clue on that one, sounds nasty, it might keep the bugs away due to taste but other than that I'm not sure.
Well I'm giving that stuff the ultimate test right now, I'm in the process of building an 8'x8' dock to moore my "barge" to, so the holes I dug for the 6x6 posts kept filling with water as I dug them, I put the posts in and poured dry concrete mix in to lock them in. When I was getting them ready I gave then 4 coats of the copper stuff, and the end that was going in the ground I sat in a 5 gallon bucket with a couple inches of the coppercoat in it to let it soak in real good we will just have to see how it holds up. the wood is loblolly pine, or SYP, good construction lumber.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,790  
Years ago I put new plywood on a snow mobile trailer and painted it with old engine oil. Straight, no diesel. It dried fine to the touch and didn't rub off onto clothes and stuff. But if it got wet and I tipped the trailer down I couldn't walk on it. Good thing I had caulks on the sled or it might have been to slippery to load.

gg