Heating Budget

/ Heating Budget #23  
   / Heating Budget #24  
Gas was $5+/gal in Lee Vining, CA yesterday ...
that's almost the cost for yearly property taxes on my 13 acre river front property 😂

/ Heating Budget #25  
The propane tank is full. Repurchased this years supply in June based on my usage the previous three years. Have wood split and stacked to heat the shop, and can go with the wood stove in the house if I have to.

I don’t foresee much of a price bump on propane or natural gas, the US has pretty good supplies and reserves. I can see demand from Europe going up, but we have the infrastructure to produce all The natural gas the US needs, while still shipping all we can to Europe. I’m pretty sure, that our systems to actually export natural gas, are still limited to the point that we physically can’t ship enough out of the country to cause any real shortage in the US.
Think again propane was $1.45 in august dealers near me now its $2.09 and going up.

/ Heating Budget #26  
Think again propane was $1.45 in august dealers near me now its $2.09 and going up.
August 2020 I pre bought 500 gallon propane at $1.79 per gallon
August 2021 I pre bought 500 gallon propane at $ 2.49 per gallon and rising.

Last edited:
   / Heating Budget #27  
The Feds are offering a 26% tax credit if you buy a 75% efficient wood or pellet stove in 2021 and 2022. Manufacturers will certify which models qualify. Good for both purchase and installation. I’m thinking of adding a pellet stove in the basement and in my shop. Already have a wood insert to help heat the house. I’m watching heating oil go up daily and am guessing we will be at $4 a gallon soon. Makes wood heat a good deal when oil is that high.

/ Heating Budget #28  
One never knows how their culture will change. On the East Coast, home heating oil USTs became a nightmare: A National Nightmare in the 90's. Though in the 40's to 50's this was what everyone did. They dug a hole, but in a tank, and ran an oil furnace. Then, oil got expensive, and people switched over to Natural Gas - the new clean energy. And all those old tanks had to be decommissioned. Which was also expensive. So after that conversion, we now have a new conversion and natural gas is now the evil heating source, rather expensive, and we should all switch to electric. There is a pattern here.

/ Heating Budget
   / Heating Budget #30  
50 acres of forest here, wood burning is a no-brainer.