Heating Budget

/ Heating Budget #2  
This is going to affect a lot more than just heating bills. The cost of producing and transporting goods will also increase.

We've had a pretty good run of low inflation for the past 10 years or more, but I think that honeymoon is over.

/ Heating Budget #3  
Surprised that it's been held back this long. 2008 should have seen a huge blowout but the banksters pulled another rabbit out of the hat. No more tricks left.

Funny that this is article is from the BBC. Europe is going to be slammed a lot harder.

Recently filled our propane tank after ensuring that the prices had gone up high enough.:LOL: Only used for cooking and clothes dryer. Fill it every 3 or 4 years.

Increasing reliance on electricity will one day prove problematic. Well, it already was problematic for folks in Texas this past year. Expect more such to occur.

/ Heating Budget #4  
I've been kicking around the idea of installing a wood fired boiler to heat my shop. Maybe I better stop kicking and start doing.

/ Heating Budget #5  
The propane tank is full. Repurchased this years supply in June based on my usage the previous three years. Have wood split and stacked to heat the shop, and can go with the wood stove in the house if I have to.

I don’t foresee much of a price bump on propane or natural gas, the US has pretty good supplies and reserves. I can see demand from Europe going up, but we have the infrastructure to produce all The natural gas the US needs, while still shipping all we can to Europe. I’m pretty sure, that our systems to actually export natural gas, are still limited to the point that we physically can’t ship enough out of the country to cause any real shortage in the US.

/ Heating Budget #6  
Our local propane providers don't appear to forsee much of an increase. Prices for two of the four went up the last few months, but only to the same price as last winter. The other two have held steady.

I'm still glad I have two winters' worth of wood stacked and split though.

/ Heating Budget
I've been kicking around the idea of installing a wood fired boiler to heat my shop. Maybe I better stop kicking and start doing.
Sometimes it takes a push....

Friend of a friend, lives on Vancouver Island (BC). Ace welder, amongst other skillsets. Got pissed-off going through the insurance shakedown a few years back, when they didn't want to ensure his overbuilt wood stove.

So he built from scratch a high capacity outdoor wood-fired boiler. Wife gets a bit irritated at times, as he also has plenty of connections for low-cost/free wood..... so the the house rarely gets below 80F all Winter.

Nice problem to have !

Rgds, D.

/ Heating Budget
I'm still glad I have two winters' worth of wood stacked and split though.
Amen on the wood.

I'll never match my Dad, for what he would have cut and split by hand way back when.... but I've done more than many people today.

Something satisfying about wood you've stacked yourself..... and then there is the olde saying "It warms you three times..... :cool:"

Rgds, D.

/ Heating Budget #9  
Next 6 months plus have bad feeling prices going to climb and climb...Monday gallon gas $3.09 today $3.25.

/ Heating Budget
The propane tank is full. Repurchased this years supply in June based on my usage the previous three years. Have wood split and stacked to heat the shop, and can go with the wood stove in the house if I have to.

I don’t foresee much of a price bump on propane or natural gas, the US has pretty good supplies and reserves. I can see demand from Europe going up, but we have the infrastructure to produce all The natural gas the US needs, while still shipping all we can to Europe. I’m pretty sure, that our systems to actually export natural gas, are still limited to the point that we physically can’t ship enough out of the country to cause any real shortage in the US.
We are pretty lucky in this respect, compared to much of the world.

Natgas has been in good supply within Canada in my lifetime, and even more so in the USA in the last 20 years.

Natural gas imports and exports - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Regional geography has Canada and USA sending natgas both directions, just depending where you are along the border. Makes sense.

Polar Vortex (or whatever it was called) a few Winter's back really clobbered some people on propane in the USA really hard..... nobody would want a repeat of that.

Rgds, D.