Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,091  
No fuel costs except for the essentials that provide them a proper living environment.

If they are used to cultivate & harvest, haul lumber etc. for food and building supplies it’s a different scenario.
And a different tax (deduction) status.....

Which lead me to thinking about..... commercial EV use.... how will the metering work ?

I'll use my HVAC Contractor neigbour as an example. Drives a Dodge Sprinter, hands diesel bills to his book-keeper; all done. Jump fwd xy years, he plugs his Electrotastic Van in at home at night.....

Is he going to need a separate "commercial" meter @ home, or will vehicles have govt recognized "smart tax" software built-in for reporting charging ?

Rgds, D.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,092  
I have worked projects at the Ports in Seattle. I do not see automated off-loading a possibility without massive investment.

Build it on-shore, I am 100% on-board with. (y)
problem with build it here is, among many other issues, the environmental ecological impacts.

quick example.....

denim material is made here, highly automated but made here. blue jeans

they ship the bulk denim to some, quoting the donald, **** hole in SE Asia where the acid stone wash process is hidden so deep in a jungle it takes 2 days to get there.

NIMBY

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,093  

Building one a day starting sometime next year will be a start.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,095  
That's what they said 3 years ago.
While I'm not a T fan-boy by any stretch, that's just Standard Elon....

Set a Stratospheric Target and Go For It..... even if you only get part-way there, you end up leagues in front of your nearest competitor.

Works fine (for him), assuming you don't run out of $. Betting against him hasn't worked out well, so far....

Rgds, D.

#5,096  
#5,097  

I notice some just don't get the thought process of Elon Musk. Having for the first time ever watched hours of Grimes interviews this weekend helped me better understand how Elon thinks because they are very very very similar.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,098  

I notice some just don't get the thought process of Elon Musk. Having for the first time ever watched hours of Grimes interviews this weekend helped me better understand how Elon thinks because they are very very very similar.
Elon is actually borrowing an old technique.

IIRC, it was Edison who used to publicly announce products, well before they were ready. Simple enough tactic, but one that most of us don't have the ________ to use.... me included.

Rgds, D.

#5,099  

Self driving technology is helping the blind walk faster.

#5,100  
Elon is actually borrowing an old technique.

IIRC, it was Edison who used to publicly announce products, well before they were ready. Simple enough tactic, but one that most of us don't have the ________ to use.... me included.

Rgds, D.
Yes. A quote from thousands of years ago stated there is Nothing new under the Sun. In Europe Edison is not viewed as highly as in the USA.

The wisdom behind Elon Musk's announcing his products once they become a reality in his mind is to attract a team that will make them a physical reality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.